Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Multiple copies of same .bgl files in different sceneries?

Hello,I found that I have several multiple copies of the same .bgl file in differnt sceneries.Example : novalib1.bgl, novasimlib1.bgl, shiplib1.bgl, graftonXXX.bgl, gateslib.bgl, ....where can (in what folder?) I put 1 copy of these .bgls and delete all the other copies??Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

>Hello,>I found that I have several multiple copies of the same .bgl>file in differnt sceneries.>Example : novalib1.bgl, novasimlib1.bgl, shiplib1.bgl,>graftonXXX.bgl, gateslib.bgl, ....>where can (in what folder?) I put 1 copy of these .bgls and>delete all the other copies??>>Thanks in advance.My guess would be the main "Addon Sceneryscenery" folder although any activated scenery folder should do.You could create a "Libraryscenery" folder under "Addon scenery"and then activate that through the scenery menu. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Place the bgl's into the FSXSceneryGlobalscenery folder.Delete all duplicates. FSX will handle the priority for you and load the bgl's for each of the scenery's they belong to. In this way you do not need the same bgl in 2 different scenery folders.This only works if the bgl's are not tied to a texture. If textures are part of the bgl's then copy the correct textures into the sister texture folder which is FSXSceneryGlobaltexture. Now delete all duplicates for the textures also.

Hi Jim,The question then becomes, how do you tell if a bgl file is tied to a texture file, and how do you know which texture files it is tied too?(I'll often just use wordpad or a hex editor to search a bgl file for all .bmp occurances, but I don't know if this will work every time)Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg