Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Flight Plans and VOX ATC-X

Guest machammer

I've had VOX for about a week and the VFR flight plan trainer flight that comes with the package works fine. I created a flight in FSX flight planner and it works fine also. But when I create a flight in FSCommander 7.7 VOX gives me an error message that it is not a valid flight plan. Can you only create flight plans using FSX for VOX to work?Are others using another flight planner that works with VOX?Thanks in advance to all who reply.Regards.Bill

Hi Bill,Your question might better get answered in the VoxATC forum further down on the list of forums right here on AVSIM.VoxATC and VoxATC X are designed around the default flight planner since most people will be using that. If the aftermarket flight planning utility uses Microsoft's SDK for creating their flight plan it may very well work with VoxATC but many of these programs use a generic mix so that their plans will work in FS2002/FS2004 and FSX thus creating a situation where some information is either not there or depicted in a non-standard way. It becomes a hit and miss situation and VoxATC cannot be expected to custom tailor their software for another vendors flightplanning utility.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest machammer

Yes I'll take this over to the VOXATC forum. Since there seems to be little traffic over there. I thought I may get a better response here.BTW, I tried a FSX VFR flight plan from CYYJ Victoria to CYPS Pemberton and got a Fatal Error. This is with Vancouver X Plus and Victoria X Plus. I did run the VOXATC Indexer. So maybe VOXATC has a problem with addon scenery.Regards.Bill

Your best bet to get a fix for this issue is to submit a request on the voxatc.com contact page. I had similar issue with some airports in one of the FS2004 Vancouver addons and got excellent support from VoxATC to resolve the issue. Good luck.