Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Fenix update is out.

16 minutes ago, RobJC said:

What is the current state of this add-on? I am really tempted.

Since the last update, I have flown the Fenix 100% of the time. It is stable and works very well. I had to play with some rudder settings, but reactivity seemed to sort that  out. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had to play with some rudder settings, but reactivity seemed to sort that  out. 

Yeah same here, -40 on the axis sensitivities, reactivity to 70% and rudder damper off was my sweet spot. I can now keep her on the centre line during take off, it's a learning curve but an enjoyable one.

• Like 2

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I’ve got pretty much the same settings and it usually behaves. Unless I’m trying to turn when going fast, then the aircraft will dance from side to side. Which I guess is to be expected. But on takeoff-roll, no issues.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Is it the Fenix video demonstrating B2 before it released?

Yes.

Posted (edited)

What level of turbulence should I set in the sim? The B2 feels like a tram on rails, i.e. totally boring, comparing with B1

Edited by G-YMML1

4 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

What level of turbulence should I set in the sim? The B2 feels like a tram on rails, i.e. totally boring, comparing with B1

They still suggest "Low". I don't care I stay at realistic. Gave me some interesting bumps the last few days as the winter is making way for spring.

• Upvote 2

I agree. I'm not changing my global sim settings to satisfy one aircraft. The platform is lacking severe turbulence as it is in my opinion.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

4 hours ago, El Diablito said:

Yeah same here, -40 on the axis sensitivities, reactivity to 70% and rudder damper off was my sweet spot. I can now keep her on the centre line during take off, it's a learning curve but an enjoyable one.

I’ve been finding the yaw axis quite squirrelly so looking forward to trying this! What deadzone setting do you use? 

Also what are your sidestick settings? Thanks for the help 🙂

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

You might want to look into RealTurb. This gives very realistic turbulences, even cloud turbulences in the newest update.

40 minutes ago, Divij said:

I’ve been finding the yaw axis quite squirrelly so looking forward to trying this! What deadzone setting do you use? 

Also what are your sidestick settings? Thanks for the help 🙂

I went with the recommended settings for the stick (-20 on both axis and reactivity 100) using SDS that you can toggle in the EFB. I'm pretty sure my deadzone is small for the pedals, around -8 I think!

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

48 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

I went with the recommended settings for the stick (-20 on both axis and reactivity 100) using SDS that you can toggle in the EFB. I'm pretty sure my deadzone is small for the pedals, around -8 I think!

I have about the same settings, -20 on both axis, SDS on in EFB except Rudder, SDS off. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just suggestion for next upgrade/update. Not a big deal but it could be nice to have.....When you open cockpit windows we should be able to hear outside noises i.e. trucks, other planes, wind and also engine start up. Would be nice if that is possible to add to the wish list.... 🙂  

• Upvote 1

Alex 

Hey guys I'm new here and I do have question regarding the Fenix A320.  Just a bit of a background, I recently started playing MSFS and got the FBW A32nx a few months back which I really like and find quite in-depth and fun to fly with.

My question is,

What would I gain from paying almost 100$ Canadian for basically a very similar aircraft? I see people throwing words like "study level" and such.  But what about the meat & potatoes of actually flying it i.e., Importing my FlightPlan, doing my prep checklists, flying it and tinkering with the systems. Is it mostly the same as the A32nx?  What does it offer more than the A32nx? Also, for someone who has both, is the performance better in the Fenix than the FBW?

Thanks for enlightening me! 

Real Life Flight Sim Pilot

24 minutes ago, DuckZilla85 said:

What would I gain from paying almost 100$ Canadian for basically a very similar aircraft

Which one...?

Alex 

1 hour ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Just suggestion for next upgrade/update. Not a big deal but it could be nice to have.....When you open cockpit windows we should be able to hear outside noises i.e. trucks, other planes, wind and also engine start up. Would be nice if that is possible to add to the wish list.... 🙂  

I thought the sound changed upon opening the window? Admittedly I've only tried it a couple of times to see how it worked...

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f