Sign in to follow this  
TangoSierraMike

Pilot 2 ATC vs. Beyond ATC vs. Say Intentions...

2 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

It's not out yet, interesting video showing It's state as a couple of months ago. Definitely work needed on injection, taxiing aircraft appear to have intoxicated pilots & pretty sure that Shamrock should have gone around, because it looked way high.... but as the video said it is WIP..

G

Many issues with AI movements are highly dependent on airport taxiway layouts.  That's not a function of any of the ATC apps being developed I'm afraid.  

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

It's not out yet, interesting video showing It's state as a couple of months ago. Definitely work needed on injection, taxiing aircraft appear to have intoxicated pilots & pretty sure that Shamrock should have gone around, because it looked way high.... but as the video said it is WIP.

Noticed my office IRL in the video 🙂 LPPT !!!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AviTABs...

1 hour ago, techman said:

COMPARING SAYINTENTIONS VS BEYONDATC (AI VOICE ATC) - MSFS (youtube.com)

BATC is far from being close to any of the both competitors.

I still don't understand how SayIntentions is supposed to work on a busy airport with lots of AI traffic (assuming they will control AI traffic as well in the future - until then it's not really an ATC-addon anyway). With that 8-10 seconds delay for each transmission how should that work out when SayIntentions has to control about 20 aircraft or more at a time? It can only be a great mess unless they can solve this delay issue.

To me it seems that whole AI thing in ATC addons is just not yet ready for prime time. It is too slow and it is too expensive. It is a nice proof of concept at this time but not yet utilizable for the average user.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, techman said:

BATC is far from being close to any of the both competitors.

In what way? Far better or far worse?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

I still don't understand how SayIntentions is supposed to work on a busy airport with lots of AI traffic (assuming they will control AI traffic as well in the future - until then it's not really an ATC-addon anyway). With that 8-10 seconds delay for each transmission how should that work out when SayIntentions has to control about 20 aircraft or more at a time? It can only be a great mess unless they can solve this delay issue.

To me it seems that whole AI thing in ATC addons is just not yet ready for prime time. It is too slow and it is too expensive. It is a nice proof of concept at this time but not yet utilizable for the average user.

Two different scenarios. That is the time from processing your speech, understanding it, taking action and give response. Its not necessary comparable to a scenario with traffic controlled by AI where actions may already be predicted and multiple predictions/actions are batch processed. 
Also response time has be improving a lot in the beta period of SayI and chatGPT will essentially come with faster models. 

Edited by mlqla
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

In what way? Far better or far worse?

If that was Easyjetsimpilot showed yesterday is BATC at the stage when it will be released - far worse. FAR worse.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 10:38 PM, tjrush said:

As long as Sayintentions is $30 a month, I don't believe it will survive.

They've lost their minds on that one.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 minutes ago, techman said:

If that was Easyjetsimpilot showed yesterday is BATC at the stage when it will be released - far worse. FAR worse.

And why?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jkeye said:

Neither of these appeal to me at the moment as they lack AI control

VoxATC won't 🙂

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

VoxATC won't 🙂

Ya mean... it'll includet AI Control ?

That's a Major step forward in times when everyone is feering that AI will control them 🤪

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AviTABs...

On 3/14/2024 at 5:53 PM, RobJC said:

and we still do not have a high quality AI traffic program

The issue is the sim itself, not much people can do with the current state of how the sim handles AI.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Noel said:

They've lost their minds on that one.

It's not their fault that AI generation is expensive.

Edited by Tuskin38