Sign in to follow this  
Jure

Sim time changed mid-flight

Hi,

my ATR72-600 flight was scheduled at 00:00UT, NZNV - NZAA. I set up the sim time to 23:30UT, took off and after almost two hours into the flight already on final approach the screen suddenly went all dark. After the initial shock of thinking that the sim froze, I realized that sim time changed on it's own and I was in the middle of the night. I believe time was set to 14:10 UT and that was near to what the local time was supposed to be. But I changed the time back so quickly that I cannot be sure - I was flying for Star Alliance VA and I did not want to lose the flight! 🙂

Has anyone experienced something like that? For the record, I had Volanta, LittleNavMap, VA ACARS, FSHud, Spad.next and FSLTL running but I really cannot see how any of these could have changed the sim time? 

Thanks!

Yes I had that happen to me as well.

• Like 1

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

I've experienced this a few times as well. Once approaching the Arabian Peninsula on a flight from Singapore to the Gulf region, mid day, bright sunshine, enjoying the view, and all of a sudden, boom, it's the middle of the night.

I've stopped paying attention to time, since pause at TOD doesn't stop time anyway, but at least it stops the fuel. So I just see if my fuel calculations work out.

But generally a good idea to note wheels off time. Your elapsed time timer shouldn't be affected by such sudden time shifts, so one might just need to re-adjust the sim time.

• Like 1

Same. I happened yesterday on a flight to Amman. Sun was just about to set when suddenly the time reset itself to mid day. A simple refresh of the time by selecting "Real Time" once more solved it.

But why it did happen in the first place, I have no clue.

• Like 1

Count me in too, It happened to me as well recently, Might it be a new bug since last update perhaps.

• Like 1

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.

Posted (edited)

I saw it happen a few days ago, the time went from went from 17:59 Zulu to 06:00 Zulu.

But I think I've also had it happen while sleeping during a long haul. because I've woken up before and noticed the time was several hours off.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

So I am the only one. Might be a new bug, yes, I've never experienced this up until now. 

Thanks for all replies! 🙂