Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

Latest PMDG news

Posted (edited)

Pretty nice update, imo. Happy that the efb is coming to the xbox crowd. Glad they went into detail on the issues they are experiencing so people are aware.

5 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

However the only thing this guy seems to talk about is the landing gear. Good grief, we get it, wheels turn on the ground and go up and down in the plane for landing and takeoff. 

Yea a little wordy. Probably didn't need to tell us about the accident to make it shorter, but glad to hear his arm wasn't broken. The picture looked better to me than the preview video. It's nice that they seemed to be adding tire wear logic in the sim though, so I don't mind him talking about the gear like that.

2 hours ago, LRBS said:
This PMDG has a habit of moving on to new projects before completing previous ones, leading to unfulfilled promises and persistent issues across different platforms. The most upsetting issue is with the AP interface when using LNAV and FD. It can be noticed sporadic bank variations between 10 to 30 and even greater degrees during turns, or unnecessary bank spikes before and after passing WPT. These issues are noticeable and reproducible in LNAV mode, on every flight. It's disappointing that this issue hasn't been fixed yet, especially when other aspects of this product are very well designed.

Out of curiosity, what's your standard for completion? While nobody is ignoring the fact that there are issues like the ones you stated, I would say that the vast majority would not say that the plane is unflyable. It does the vast majority of things well. Sure there are some quirks that need to be improved, like the issue you're mentioning, but if you were to ask people whether they would rather wait for every single issue gets hammered out before they see a 777, I would venture to guess that most people will say that they'd want the 777. It's not like he's completely abandoning it. He's saying that once it's released he's going to start implementing many of those upgrades to the 737. Also, not sure why you cut off the quote before, "We also have SU15 to pay attention to- so changes will be coming for the 737 no matter what. It is just a matter of stacking resources on the 777 to get that one into release right now." Hopefully their improved LNAV that they are trying to put into the initial release of the 777 will fix the issue you're seeing and they will move that over into the 737 in good time.

Edited by Kevin_28
clarity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin_28 said:

Out of curiosity, what's your standard for completion? While nobody is ignoring the fact that there are issues like the ones you stated, I would say that the vast majority would not say that the plane is unflyable and does the vast majority of things well. Sure there are some quirks that need to be improved, like the issue you're mentioning, but if you were to ask people whether they would rather wait for every single issue gets hammered out before they see a 777, I would venture to say that most people will say that they'd want the 777. Also it's not like he's completely abandoning it. He's saying that once it's released he's going to start implementing many of those upgrades to the 737. Also, not sure why you cut off the quote before, "We also have SU15 to pay attention to- so changes will be coming for the 737 no matter what. It is just a matter of stacking resources on the 777 to get that one into release right now." Hopefully their improved LNAV that they are trying to put into the initial release of the 777 will fix the issue you're seeing and they will move that over into the 737 in good time.

Out of curiosity, what's your standard for completion?

Fix something obviously wrong and visible all the time.

I would say that the vast majority would not say that the plane is unflyable and does the vast majority of things well

As you noticed I didn't say that.

if you were to ask people whether they would rather wait for every single issue gets hammered out before they see a 777

Again, they count on this sales gimmick and people fall for these promises despite their record.

Also it's not like he's completely abandoning it. He's saying that once it's released he's going to start implementing many of those upgrades to the 737

Unfortunately, they have not followed through on their promises despite making the same ones for many years across multiple platforms. If you search their forum, you will find countless examples of "promised fixes" that were not delivered. It is truly unfortunate.
Many people are tired of this game of words and simply hope for a resolution on this software with so much potential. 
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, LRBS said:

Unfortunately, these are two different issues. I was about to explain this RF issue when this gentleman put up this excellent video. 

Indeed, BlackBox711 is a REFERENCE !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

26 minutes ago, LRBS said:
Out of curiosity, what's your standard for completion?

Fix something obviously wrong and visible all the time.

I would say that the vast majority would not say that the plane is unflyable and does the vast majority of things well

As you noticed I didn't say that.

if you were to ask people whether they would rather wait for every single issue gets hammered out before they see a 777

Again, they count on this sales gimmick and people fall for these promises despite their record.

Also it's not like he's completely abandoning it. He's saying that once it's released he's going to start implementing many of those upgrades to the 737

Unfortunately, they have not followed through on their promises despite making the same ones for many years across multiple platforms. If you search their forum, you will find countless examples of "promised fixes" that were not delivered. It is truly unfortunate.
Many people are tired of this game of words and simply hope for a resolution on this software with so much potential. 

Every fs addon has something obviously wrong. Are you saying that a company should not release anything new until everything is corrected? If it was an issue that basically made the plane unflyable, then I get it. The issue you're bringing up isn't close to that. What I am asking is if you feel your issue of it not tracking a turn 100% correctly is enough to justify halting development of a release of a high level long haul aircraft that many consider the sim sorely needs? On top of that, it is stated that PMDG is actively working on the upgraded LNAV for both the 777 and the 737. With that in mind, you still want them to halt the development and release of the 777 for this?

11 minutes ago, Kevin_28 said:

This is an avsim topic on pmdg, don’t expect reasonableness or logic. Whining, trolling, and personal vendetta are served hot and spicy here. 

• Like 5

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Will it do Radius to fix RNP ?

They have said the new Navdata format will come with the 777, enabling it to fly RF legs properly. Randazzo also mentions improvements in lateral path guidance that come with the new Navdata format, which I would interpret as F/D and LNAV improvements to eradicate the wobbly turns.

• Like 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Kevin_28 said:

Every fs addon has something obviously wrong. Are you saying that a company should not release anything new until everything is corrected? If it was an issue that basically made the plane unflyable, then I get it. The issue you're bringing up isn't close to that. What I am asking is if you feel your issue of it not tracking a turn 100% correctly is enough to justify halting development of a release of a high level long haul aircraft that many consider the sim sorely needs? On top of that, it is stated that PMDG is actively working on the upgraded LNAV for both the 777 and the 737. With that in mind, you still want them to halt the development and release of the 777 for this?

I understand that you have strong feelings regarding this topic. PMDG has been making promises for many years, at least 18 years or more, to fix certain issues, including the one I mentioned, but they have yet to deliver on those promises. Despite this, people still believe in their gimmick and pay for the same broken products, hoping they will eventually be fixed. Is it too much to ask for PMDG to fix their products? Do you think it's acceptable for people who have already paid for an unfinished product to be left with broken items and only hope for them to be fixed in the future? This shows a complete disregard for paying customers and is unacceptable, especially for a product that has not even been released yet. Why not delay the release of the software for a week or so and fix the issues for the already paying customers? In the context of product development, it is considered unprofessional and self-centered to prioritize the release of a product that is still in development over the satisfaction of paying customers. This approach is characterized by a lack of consideration for the needs and interests of customers who have already invested in the product. Not only does this diminish the customer experience, but it also reflects negatively on the organization's reputation. As such, it is imperative for businesses to prioritize customer satisfaction and take a customer-centered approach to product development. Doing so fosters long-term loyalty and trust, and ultimately contributes to the growth and success of the organization.
Unfortunately, you have a lot to learn and understand. 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

It only took 2 pages 🤷‍♂️

David Porrett

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LRBS said:
I understand that you have strong feelings regarding this topic. PMDG has been making promises for many years, at least 18 years or more, to fix certain issues, including the one I mentioned, but they have yet to deliver on those promises. Despite this, people still believe in their gimmick and pay for the same broken products, hoping they will eventually be fixed. Is it too much to ask for PMDG to fix their products? Do you think it's acceptable for people who have already paid for an unfinished product to be left with broken items and only hope for them to be fixed in the future? This shows a complete disregard for paying customers and is unacceptable, especially for a product that has not even been released yet. Why not delay the release of the software for a week or so and fix the issues for the already paying customers? In the context of product development, it is considered unprofessional and self-centered to prioritize the release of a product that is still in development over the satisfaction of paying customers. This approach is characterized by a lack of consideration for the needs and interests of customers who have already invested in the product. Not only does this diminish the customer experience, but it also reflects negatively on the organization's reputation. As such, it is imperative for businesses to prioritize customer satisfaction and take a customer-centered approach to product development. Doing so fosters long-term loyalty and trust, and ultimately contributes to the growth and success of the organization.
Unfortunately, you have a lot to learn and understand. 

I'm not the developer, so I have no skin in the game really. Ultimately its your opinion. It is what it is. I'm only trying to probe in to understand why you think halting any development on another airliner is worth it over fixing sporadic bank variations that happens that I would venture a guess that most either don't notice or are bothered by it. That sided with the fact that PMDG is actively working on fixing it. Either way, you made your position clear in how you view me and the conversation. Fair enough. No hard feelings. We will part ways here.

Edited by Kevin_28
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

Indeed, BlackBox711 is a REFERENCE !

No kidding. I've learned so much from this guy.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS