Sign in to follow this  
Ernest

Default aircraft repaints not showing up as traffic

Guest mtlmtl

Hello,After trying many different traffic ai replacement programs and not being happy with the results I try something else. I add many repaints that are available in the file library for the different default airliners thinking that I will now see the airlines livery rather than the default ones like World Travel as airline traffic. I can fly them myself but the problem is that these newly added textures do not show up at airports as traffic, and I did add them to the aircraft.cfg. What did I do wrong and how do I make it so the new repaints/textures show up as airline traffic? Acceleration expansion installed.Thanks,Matt

>Hello,>After trying many different traffic ai replacement programs>and not being happy with the results I try something else. I>add many repaints that are available in the file library for>the different default airliners thinking that I will now see>the airlines livery rather than the default ones like World>Travel as airline traffic. I can fly them myself but the>problem is that these newly added textures do not show up at>airports as traffic, and I did add them to the aircraft.cfg.>What did I do wrong and how do I make it so the new>repaints/textures show up as airline traffic? Acceleration>expansion installed.>Thanks,>MattHello Matt.The default AI traffic BGL uses the "Title" entry to findthe aircraft to display so if you want to have real world textures for your default AI you simply need to modify the aircraft.cdg filecorrectly. Here is an example for the default A321. I sustituteda British Airways repaint for the original. Note that the original"title=" line MUST remain the same to match what the traffic BGLcalls out.[fltsim.0]title=Airbus A321 Paint2sim=Airbus_A321model=panel=sound=texture=BAkb_checklists=AirbusA321_checkkb_reference=AirbusA321_refatc_id=G-FOCNatc_airline="SPEED BIRD"atc_flight_number=202ui_manufacturer="Airbus"ui_type="A321"ui_variation=British Airways//texture=2//kb_checklists=AirbusA321_check//kb_reference=AirbusA321_ref//atc_id=F-MSAB//atc_airline=World Travel//atc_flight_number=//ui_manufacturer="Airbus"//ui_type="A321"//ui_variation="World Travel Airlines"ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"To simply add a new "flightsim=" section will not workor replacing the original "flightsim=" section with one that contains a different "title=" entry will not workas far as replacing the default AI texture(s).Hope this explanation is clear. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Where does on find this file to do the editting on? I too would like something more than just the default ai traffic.Ernest

>Where does on find this file to do the editting on? I too>would like something more than just the default ai traffic.>>Ernest It's the "aircraft.cfg" file which is in the main directory of each aircraft. The first thing you would need to do is download "real world"airline textures that are for that particular aircraft modeland install them. Part of that installation process involes editing the aircraft.cfg file to add the "flightsim.xx" sections that detail the variousitems to be used, textures being one of them.Once you understand the directory structure and the addon textureinstallation process you will understand how to substitute the"real world" airline textures for the default "fake" airlines. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Got lots of real world add-on's installed.No problem with them showing up and working.I thought that it might be the a/c config file. Just not quite sure in which place to make the change so that the real world a/c becomes a ai.Thanks for your reply.Ernest