Sign in to follow this  
Mace

EasyJet Question

Guest enave

I live in Pensacola, Florida (the North West part of Florida) and I have on several occassions seen EasyJet 737's at cruise altitude heading due East or due West. I thought that they must be going to Los Angeles or something, but I just checked their website and it looks to me as if they don't make any stops in the US.So, any idea where these airplanes that I've seen are headed?

Guest Ichinin

Private charter/business trips maby?

How can you tell they are EasyJet planes? Do you have good binoculars?I'm just wondering how you can tell what airline they are visually, when they are at cruise altitude. I'd like to be able to do the same, if I ever spot a jet flying high.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest airbus2

HeyI have often used binoculars to look at aircraft at cruise altitude, all you can see is colours and not really the airline logo.As i expect you can only see, in your case, orange engines, and possibly some orange on the fusalage, I would speculate that what you are in fact seeing is a MyTravel A330.Dave

Guest enave

>I'm just wondering how you can tell what airline they are>visually, when they are at cruise altitude. I'd like to be>able to do the same, if I ever spot a jet flying high.I have a pretty good pair of binoculars and a reclining chair with armrests in my back yard. If an airplane is near the horizon I can't see anything, but if it passes nearly overhead it's easy to identify it. I can't read the name of the airline of course, but it's easy to see the tail colors. I can tell the difference between a Delta flight and a US-Air flight even though the blue is similar. A lot of times, I can't see the fact that the bottom of half of the US-Air fuselage is blue (it depends on where the sun is), but the tail is easy to see and I can usually see the wavy flag tail on the Delta birds. The greenish-blue of AirTran is also very distinctive (of course, if it's a 717 that makes it easy to know it's AirTran, ha ha). American Airlines flights, on the other hand, often look like bare metal unless they are at just the right angle, and just the right time of day. So a lot of times I'll see it coming and wont be able to ID it until it's at that magic angle, so I have to keep watching it.The EasyJet 737 was very easy to make out. No, I couldn't read the words on the fuselage, but the bright orange tail was very distinctive. Even without binoculars you could see that it was orange. It was definitely EasyJet. I'm positive.

Guest airbus2

Thats very odd. I think I remember once seeing an episode of airline (documentary that focuses on easyjet) in which Stelios goes to seattle to see one of easyjet's planes before it was delivered to England. Maybe it was one of those on a test flight:-hmmm Apart from that, it was either private or another airline. Easyjet is a strictly European based airline, its base is at Luton, London and with a fleet of 737's and A319s, I dont think it will be entering into the long haul market yet!Dave

Guest enave

>Apart from that, it was either private or another airline.>Easyjet is a strictly European based airlineYeah. I have to be open to the possibility that I'm mistaken - but my memory is so clear here. Weird.

Do you go to FlightAware to find out what is coming toward you, and then go outside and use your binoc's?Incidentally, my dad one saw a B-36 fly over back in the 1950's. He said that was the biggest airplane he's ever seen to this day. And, even though it was waaaay up there, he said he could still hear those six engines turning (and probably two burning, too).RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

>>I have a pretty good pair of binoculars and a reclining chair>with armrests in my back yard. If an airplane is near the>horizon I can't see anything, but if it passes nearly overhead>it's easy to identify it. I can't read the name of the>airline of course, but it's easy to see the tail colors. >>I can tell the difference between a Delta flight and a US-Air>flight even though the blue is similar. A lot of times, I>can't see the fact that the bottom of half of the US-Air>fuselage is blue (it depends on where the sun is), but the>tail is easy to see and I can usually see the wavy flag tail>on the Delta birds. The greenish-blue of AirTran is also very>distinctive (of course, if it's a 717 that makes it easy to>know it's AirTran, ha ha). American Airlines flights, on the>other hand, often look like bare metal unless they are at just>the right angle, and just the right time of day. So a lot of>times I'll see it coming and wont be able to ID it until it's>at that magic angle, so I have to keep watching it.>>The EasyJet 737 was very easy to make out. No, I couldn't>read the words on the fuselage, but the bright orange tail was>very distinctive. Even without binoculars you could see that>it was orange. It was definitely EasyJet. I'm positive.>Have you considered that you could be mistaking one of these http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/1141888/M/for one of these http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/1144705/M/

Could be a charter flight. U2 hired an Aerolineas Argentinas MD-80 for their Aussie tour. When i saw it, I thought my eyes were playin tricks on me :-eek

Have a great Day/Night wherever you are! :-wave

http://3dflite.com/dac/img/BANNER.gifPrivate Pilot - YSBKC152/Tomahawk/Warrior/Archer/Arrow/Duchess115.6 hrs TotalView my flying photos at http://www.3dflite.com/dac/pics/main.htm

>Could be a charter flight. U2 hired an Aerolineas Argentinas>MD-80 for their Aussie tour. When i saw it, I thought my eyes>were playin tricks on me :-eek >Wow, I wonder how Aerolineas Argentinas flew the MD-80 over there? They must have refueled at Hawaii, and again somewhere else along the way to get an MD-80 from Argentina to Australia.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett