Sign in to follow this  
Guest 727man

I Need HELP!!

Guest 727man

Hey everyone,I used to be on here 5-10 times a day downloading and reading posts, but life has sort of taken that away. Anyway I have finaaly found some time to get back to one of my hobbies (for how long who knows..) but I'm having a real frustrating problem.I have a radeon X1950 pro and a viewsonic VX922 19" LCD. I'm trying to run FSX in 1280X1024X32 X 60 htz and I'm running the 7.11 catalyst drivers.My problem is each time I try and run FSX when it starts it's fine but when I start taxing or changing views it starts to become all pixely and I have to shut it down and then have to restart my system to get it back to normal. I have searched the forums but haven't found anything about this issue so I'm hoping some of my fellow simmers can help this old #### out. I have a really nice system that runs everything else fine, but there is some kind of demon or something keeping me from enjoying my FSX..Thanks for the help!BTW, here's a screen cap..JC

This is interesting. Have you overclocked the X1950 pro? Too much overclocking can cause 'Artifacts', flickering video errors in 3D applications. What settings do you have in the sim and the Catalyst Control Center? I'll try to help as much as I can. This is a new one (at least for me).Regards,BoeingGuy

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest 727man

no OC on the card, all default settings in catalyst. As far as FSX goes I've tried custom and defaults, it just doesn't seem to matter.. :-hmmm Thanks!

Is this only with FS ? It looks like a graphics driver or card issue....Rename your FSX.cfg file and let it build another one for starters...

Hi JC,My money's on a faulty card.Any chance you could pull the card and test it on another rig?Mike

Guest Stoopy

I'm sorry but I have to also suspect the card is dying. Is the fan still working on it (good thing to check, they love to clog up with dust and quit working and then things start going south)....I have an ATI 1650 PRO 512MB card and it's never looked like that in any flavor of FSX (demo1, demo2, RTM, SP1, or Accell/SP2) or with any of the catalyst drivers. Matter of fact it's been the least of any worries and has been extremely stable...so I don't think it's a driver or DX9 version issue.

The first thing I'd try is to get rid of Catalyst altogether, and simply install the driver only...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have seen this same behaviour, albeit it was with an Nvidia card. The card itself was bad or on its way to failing. After replacing the card the artifacts were never seen again.Saw this both in FS and in other games (ie Age of Empires 3).[hr width=100%" size=1 color="black]http://forefrontgrp.com/MyLogo2.JPGJason | General Aviation FanVisit my Blog:http://abwain.spaces.live.com/

Guest 727man

Thankfully, my computer is still under warranty. So the vendor is sending me out a new video card.. HOORAY!!!:-jumpy Thanks for the help guys!:)