Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Changing default zoom in VC

Guest SkullxBones

Anybody know how to change the default zoom in virtual cockpit? I'm not talking about the eyepoint setting in the aircraft.cfg. I can't find where the zoom level is set. I looked in the camera.cfg and changed the initialzoom setting under the virtual cockpit definition but it doesn't seem to have any affect.Jeff

I dont know how to do it on a permanent basis but if you hold the "space bar" down and use your mouse wheel you can achieve the desired zoom level at any time during a flight. I dont know how to modify an airplanes config to get my desired zoom level each time I fly a particular aircraft.Hope that helps some.

Jeff, I think I recently spent an evening exploring "what comes from where" but, dang it, I've slept since then but I believe this is what I found...If you resume a saved flight, you get whatever zoom levels you had when you saved it. If you load a different aircraft during the flight, I think it retains relevant zoom levels - easy to test this. But the mystery is what about newly created flights? The zoom levels in that flight come from the DEFAULT flight. Editing a zoom level in this saved flight will change the zoom you first encounter in a newly created flight.What is the default flight if you haven't specified one? Notice that ultralight on the screen at the menu where the option is Friday Harbor. This is the original default flight. It is found in the Flightsother folder and is named FLTSIM.FLT - and if you open it up and change the zoom level in a camera here, you will find that it has become the starting zoom when you create a new flight. So what does this imply? Set yourself up in your most frequently used aircraft with everything as close to ideal as you can make it and save the flight and check the "save as Default flight" checkbox. Then you should have what you want from the 'get-go'.Loyd

Guest SkullxBones

Thanks guys. Saving the default flight did the job. I had searched all over to try to find that default zoom level, I don't know why I didn't think of the default flight.The tutorial on creating a camera view will come in handy.

Also keep in mind there are two camera.cfg files. The one in the FSX root directory is like a template and each computer user gets their own copy. Not at home so can't give the actual directory, but when I got the correct camera.cfg it worked great.Phill

I use the plus, minus and backspace keys to control the soom in the VC. I like flying the CRJ700 and usually run the VC in it at .50Hope this helps,Blaze

RE Thomason Jr.