Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Phil Taylor, I would like to remove Acceleration, but.....

Hi Phil,I know that much has been said with regards to Acceleration and for the time being it seems to be a no-go for some of us which is unfortunate but that is the reality of gaming. Hopefully all is being done so that a solution to the game crashingfreezing may be found by you folks at ACES and by NVIDIA.In the meantime I have had to uninstall Acceleration and after having done so the menu freeze still occurs. It does not matter if I have FSX in windowed mode, if I pause etc. the sim needs to be stopped via Task Manager and restarted in order for it to work. I have tried to install the November release of DirectX 9.0C as there may be a conflict between the DirectX component contained in the Acceleration package and NVIDIA drivers. I get a message stating that a newer or equivelant version of DirectX has been installed already and no installation is necessary.Can you explain how to reverse the procedure or have someone come up with a way to completely uninstall Acceleration and its DirectX components so that we can use FSX again.For what its worth after being in touch with NVIDIA I get the feeling they had not tested FSXAcceleration, could you shed some light on the matter? What is your take on the situation?Thanks,

\Robert Hamlich/

The DirectX installed with Acceleration is DirectX 9.0c.I believe a while back there was an update to DX9c on the Microsoft website that most people didn't install. I think all they're doing with the Acceleration installation is ensuring your system has that update in place. It's still DirectX 9.0c.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Robert,I think the only way you can go back to an earlier build of DirectX is to Restore your system to a point before Acceleration was installed, assuming, that is, that Acceleration is indeed the culprit. I assume you will still have such a Restore point.Mike

Hi guys,Thanks, I was able to restore FSX to pre-Acceleration by downloading and installing the 64.0 Mb DirectX Redistributable for November after uninstalling Acceleration. Now everything is running well and I can go to the menu and do whatever I want and as often as I want without the program freezing.I received a Tech Support email from eVGA this morning and they said that NVIDIA has recognized there are some problms with their drivers.Hey, they did resolve the purple water issue so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

\Robert Hamlich/