Sign in to follow this  
Guest abranpuko

FSHud

Guest abranpuko

Dear FSHud creators, I guess I'm not the only one looking forward to the new update.

Certainly, I am really enjoying FSLTL at airports of all sizes, and many times, when there is an error it is mainly due to AFCAD, which is poorly designed.

Otherwise, something that is wonderful about FSHud is that you feel that you are integrated into the entire air traffic.

So, the combination FSLTL and FSHUd can be really good... but:

There are two things that do not exist: Jetways do not attach to airplanes. This is strange, because with FSLTL planes do. Could you add that option?
On the other hand, when I use FSHud, (at least so far) there is less jet injection than when I use FSLTL. This is also curious, because apparently it is the same data, however, FSHud injects it in a strange way. They appear very late on the screen (some 20 minutes later), or come from routes that are not similar to those that FSLTL organizes with its API. Or simply are not injected.
Could this also have a fix? thank you so much!

20 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

There are two things that do not exist: Jetways do not attach to airplanes. This is strange, because with FSLTL planes do. Could you add that option?
On the other hand, when I use FSHud, (at least so far) there is less jet injection than when I use FSLTL. This is also curious, because apparently it is the same data, however, FSHud injects it in a strange way. They appear very late on the screen (some 20 minutes later), or come from routes that are not similar to those that FSLTL organizes with its API. Or simply are not injected.
Could this also have a fix? thank you so much!

1) Jetways don't attach because the FSHUD aircraft don't "exist" in-game. They are being simulated externally and then their current position etc. is injected into the sim, just like PSXT does it. Therefore none of the MSFS stuff (jetways, services etc.) can interact with these aircraft. They are like ghosts, if you will.

2) Since FSHuds calculates everything (aircraft movement, physics calculation, ATC control, communication etc.) by itself (see above, MSFS traffic engine is not used), the amount of calculations is much higher than with AIG or FSLTL (which leave those calculations mostly to the MSFS traffic engine). Because of that FSHud uses up much more CPU power and therefore cannot inject as many aircraft as AIG or FSLTL - the simulator would simply become a slideshow.

Interestingly BATC and their own injection would have the same problem (no. 2), so I'm curious to see if there's also much less traffic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest abranpuko
15 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

1) Jetways don't attach because the FSHUD aircraft don't "exist" in-game. They are being simulated externally and then their current position etc. is injected into the sim, just like PSXT does it. Therefore none of the MSFS stuff (jetways, services etc.) can interact with these aircraft. They are like ghosts, if you will.

2) Since FSHuds calculates everything (aircraft movement, physics calculation, ATC control, communication etc.) by itself (see above, MSFS traffic engine is not used), the amount of calculations is much higher than with AIG or FSLTL (which leave those calculations mostly to the MSFS traffic engine). Because of that FSHud uses up much more CPU power and therefore cannot inject as many aircraft as AIG or FSLTL - the simulator would simply become a slideshow.

Interestingly BATC and their own injection would have the same problem (no. 2), so I'm curious to see if there's also much less traffic.

Ah, I understand, but in that case it is a bit disappointing.

I wouldn't want to be at EGLL, or LFPO, or EIDW and see that not all the planes that arrive at those airports in real life arrive.

Let me explain: with FSLTL, the really good thing is that I see all (or almost all) of the aircraft shown in FR24. But, as you explain to me, this lack in FSHud is not entirely realistic.

Thank you for explaining it to me because this makes me change my mind a little, and I appreciate the sincerity.

In that case, for me it is preferable, because with msfs ATC (which is terrible), I can be absolutely surrounded by planes like in real life and in real time, in addition to having pushback and jetways.

FSLTL's aiseparation is not bad if used in combination with AIFlow.

It is true that FSHud has better "vocabulary" and traffic management, but: better traffic for fewer planes? not in my case.
If BATC does the same, it would also be very sad. I don't think so, since its "engine" apparently is external to msfs, which would not stress the simulator itself.
thank you!

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

Ah, I understand, but in that case it is a bit disappointing.

I wouldn't want to be at EGLL, or LFPO, or EIDW and see that not all the planes that arrive at those airports in real life arrive.

Let me explain: with FSLTL, the really good thing is that I see all (or almost all) of the aircraft shown in FR24. But, as you explain to me, this lack in FSHud is not entirely realistic.

Thank you for explaining it to me because this makes me change my mind a little, and I appreciate the sincerity.

In that case, for me it is preferable, because with msfs ATC (which is terrible), I can be absolutely surrounded by planes like in real life and in real time, in addition to having pushback and jetways.

FSLTL's aiseparation is not bad if used in combination with AIFlow.

It is true that FSHud has better "vocabulary" and traffic management, but: better traffic for fewer planes? not in my case.
If BATC does the same, it would also be very sad. I don't think so, since its "engine" apparently is external to msfs, which would not stress the simulator itself.
thank you!

To clarify: no.2 is not the official explanation, but my personal observation and reasoning. The official explanation is actually that I'm seeing wrong and that in FSHud are as many aircraft as in real life (100%)... at least that's what I was told over at the FSHud forums before getting banned last year.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

Guest abranpuko
41 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

To clarify: no.2 is not the official explanation, but my personal observation and reasoning. The official explanation is actually that I'm seeing wrong and that in FSHud are as many aircraft as in real life (100%)... at least that's what I was told over at the FSHud forums before getting banned last year.

I think I understand you. I had a small dispute with them because, when I bought the product, I asked them about the separation between airplanes and jetways, etc... and the person who answered me was in a very bad mood. I was not banned, but I was angry that they felt uncomfortable asking as a customer. In my case, I limited myself to interpreting the words of their own advertisement: real traffic, etc... and that this did not coincide with the product. Tey said this on the publicity: "real skies, real traffic" and: "FSHud acts and thinks like an ATC, making sure that the correct separation is maintained between all aircraft at all times. Whether it is on the ground, within an airport control zone, or if you are enroute to your destination."

It happens to me that I believe more in actions than in words. For now, every time I choose a flight with FSHud, I see a very poor injection of aircraft, compared to FSLTL. That is why I have decided to only use FSLTL with aiflow. I'm impressed.

If FSHud manages to use the same number of planes, then perhaps my 30 euro investment would not have been wasted.

thanks for your feedback.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

The BATC dev said he was seeing a 2 FPS penalty only with traffic injection. FSHud hammers my CPU even with little traffic and I lose 12+ FPS, so I'm hoping BATC will be able to pull that off. Obviously, the proof will be in the pudding.

Edited by threexgreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

5 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

The BATC dev said he was seeing a 2 FPS penalty only with traffic injection.

That means nothing unless we know how many aircraft were injected. 5? 10? 150?

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

That means nothing unless we know how many aircraft were injected. 5? 10? 150?

IIRC it was plenty of traffic. No idea if he gave a number.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I am using FSHud with both, FSLTL and AIG, depending on when and where I fly. I've been noticing pretty empty skies mid flight, up at cruise altitudes. Just the other day I was flying from Manila to Singapore Changi. On descent, I was close to 10000 feet already, I only had 5 AI around me and I was using FSLTL for that flight. I thought it was a bit strange and restarted FSLTL. Lo and behold, all of a sudden, I had over 60 AI aircraft around me! And more on the ground, at the airport.

Cannot do that if using FSHud + AIG, obviously. 

I also had an occasion when a major airport only had a few AI active while another major airport (think KORD, KJFK) had around 100. 

Before FSHud I had quite a few occasions when AIG traffic manager would shut down mid flight. Never happened with FSLTL, though. So obviously something happens that affects AI injection and is probably not "controllable" by FSHud?

As it is, FSHud is still my ATC of choice right now and am quite happy with it. 

• Like 1

@Jure,

never used AIG, but since a week I decided to give FSLTL a try, and can't look back!

While I was already an FSHUD afficionado since I purchased it last year to use with P3D, the fact that it is cross-sim-platform and also works beautifully in MSFS 2020 actually brought me almost 100% into MSFS.

FSLTL was yet another game changer. I love to see the traffic around in the skies wihle enroute, but also at the airports, and so far I only had one situartion of conflict a couple days ago where first an Easyjet was told to backtrack along the runway I was backtracking after being cleared to do so, and on approach a RyanAir was being vectored to fginal just a few feet bellow me, with the TCAS aural and PFD alerts  hammering the crew 🙂

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

The BEST Civil Flightsim IS (this week... ) X-Plane 12.1 beta 7 !!! No other comes even close to it...

Guest abranpuko
3 hours ago, Jure said:

I am using FSHud with both, FSLTL and AIG, depending on when and where I fly. I've been noticing pretty empty skies mid flight, up at cruise altitudes. Just the other day I was flying from Manila to Singapore Changi. On descent, I was close to 10000 feet already, I only had 5 AI around me and I was using FSLTL for that flight. I thought it was a bit strange and restarted FSLTL. Lo and behold, all of a sudden, I had over 60 AI aircraft around me! And more on the ground, at the airport.

Cannot do that if using FSHud + AIG, obviously. 

I also had an occasion when a major airport only had a few AI active while another major airport (think KORD, KJFK) had around 100. 

Before FSHud I had quite a few occasions when AIG traffic manager would shut down mid flight. Never happened with FSLTL, though. So obviously something happens that affects AI injection and is probably not "controllable" by FSHud?

As it is, FSHud is still my ATC of choice right now and am quite happy with it. 

So, FSHUD definitely injects less planes. 
I ve tested it and was exactly the same. 
after FSLTL all the other option seem poor. 

FSHud and FSLTL works - it´s the only source not to kill my system (13900K/4080/4K). You have to fine-tune it though. It´s in my opinion one of the sources that causes stutter during approach (you can see the airplanes spawning at the destination airport, and that comes at a cost of FPS).

None of this is ideal - its always on the edge of the system you are using.

Finally, we have big update.

4LvH4Zx.png

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Posted (edited)

Looks like we have gone back in time 😄

Edited by level7
  • Like 3