Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Installing Just Edwards from Acceleration?

Acceleration isn't a program.It is:Stand Alone FA-18 aircraftStand Alone EH101 HeloStand Alone P-51 Racer aircraftStand Alone scenery/ updates for - no I don't know what is updated in each scenery:Edwards AFBIstanbul Turkey cityAlbuquerque NMReno NV - air races airport ??Beijing ChinaSydney AustraliaBerlin GermanyLongleat ??Athens GreeceBrussels BelguimLondon UKMalmo Sweden ??Marseille FranceMilan ItalyOslo NorwayParis FranceRome ItalyVenice ItalyDallas Texas USADetroit Michigan USAPhoenix Arizona USAWashington DC USARio BrazilWorking Aircraft Carriers for the FA-18Several other scenery enhancementsSeveral new missions for those aircraftMany of the stand alone items require that some components be loaded in common folders - Such as 608 new/ revised texture files which must be in the SceneryGlobalTexture folder - I don't know or care which are specific only to Edwards.As Luis pointed out there are 25 new/ revised scenery.bgl files in the SceneryGlobalScenery folder.There are 298 new/ revised texture files in the SceneryNAMWtexture folder including some such as:BELL-X1E_main.ddsKEDW_Firefighter.ddsSo I assume many of those are specific for Edwards.There are new/ revised scenery files in the SceneryNAMWSceneryAlbuquerque.bgl - nEdwards_AFB.bgl - nLasVegas.bgl - rReno.bgl - nSanDiego.bg - rSanFran.bgl - rSeattle.bgl - rVancouv.bgl - rYou probably also need updated background info from the SceneryCities folder for EdwardsFSX SP2 which updates the main FSX.exe program and several other key files is a separate item - installed along with the Acceleration updates. SP2 does install SP1 if it is not already installed. Including updates of the world landclass and seasons data.Acceleration requires SP2 be installed - SP2 does not require Acceleration.If you want to check more - search the entire Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder for all files with a date modified/created date after 8/22/2007 - that should show all the new/ revised files which Acceleration installed.And yes - I'm very happy with the improved performance of FSX after SP1 was installed and the improvements again after Acceleration was installed.New, more complex aircraft and more complex scenery does require more resources and mroe powerful computers. There is not a computer available today which can run FSX at full sliders on everything.I run autogen at Normal, Scenery Complexity at Extremely Dense and full AI (WoA/ PAI/ UGA/ some from UT, Traffic and MyTraffic along with some customized files) and about 75% airport vehicle traffic.I keep my FPS locked at 20 because I fly on-line about 50% of the time and higher can cause other people problems.But I can FLY anywhere in the world, including New York and London.True - the autogen does tend to popup and fast view changes can cause momentary black objects / aircraft as textures are loaded.But overall FSX is so far beyond FS2004 - I can hardly stand the cartoonish look when I have to fly many of my favorite aircraft in FS2004 - because they are not FSX ready.I do NOT try to patch, tweak, adjust payware aircraft or scenery to work in FSX - that is the road to problems.

Hi Victor. Sorry about that. Please forgive me. The comment was in the quoted section of your post and I missed that. The original comment was by GAOSYS. Best regards, Bob.

Hi Reggie. Thanks. After studying the Acceleration files I agree with you. There are too many dependencies on other scenery and textures to do what I had hoped was possible. I guess I'll just wait and reload FSX RTM and reload everything else fresh when I update my computer. Thanks for the help. Best regards, Bob.