Sign in to follow this  
jackcnd

Multiple Comp's Running FSX

Ok, I am pretty sure this is a software thing, and involves simconnect in some way. I have two computers, and have been running FSX on my new build. I heard that you can run other views, control panel views, or map views on another computer - and through the network FSX can basically be using both systems at the same time.Do I need to have 2 copies of FSX to pull this off - where can I go to find out more info?? thanks so much.Danon -

Hi Danon, I think for the views you need something like Wideview http://www.wideview.it/wideview.htm to make it happen. For the utilities you need WideFS which, according to Pete Dowson's site: links FS utilities over a LAN, without needing to have a copy of FS on the second computer. http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html There may be other ways I'm not aware of with the advent of Simconnect, otherwise the TH2Go is the hardware solution. Hope it helps.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

If you have the Deluxe version of FSX, then you can run SimConnect based clients on another computer over the network. Just depends on if the addon util you want to run works with SimConnect or not :->

You can share the cockpit in the default planes over two connections but FSX needs to be installed on both machines.Works well though.

Thanks for the help..after losing about 3 hours of life, I have given up on simconnect. I simply cannot get the two boxes to speak to eachother. I have the power to run google earth alongside FSX on the same box, so I will continue to do that. I just thought it would be cool to run that on the other box, so I wouldnt have to run windowed. Oh well....thanks though, and for taking time to try to help out.Danon-

I've run FSX on 2 machines side by side using the Mulitplayer Share Aircraft feature. It works very well, you do need both FSX installs activated as you need to run in multiplayer mode.Its works on LAN games you may have to change some MS firewall settings or via Gamespy with 2 IDs with one hosting.You can control the aircraft from either PC and have any view or data display on either display.It works very nice. In fact too bad its limited to just 2 PC's, it would have been great to have 3 1920x1200 VC views active all running at full speed, maybe someone will figure a method to allow that.Wideview is another option but has some limitations.