Sign in to follow this  
cseilerde

Remove standard weather presets

Hi there, 

Does anyone know how the standard weather presets can be removed from MSFS? I mean the handful of standard presets that are always available in the weather preset menu.

Thanks, 

Christian

I'm not sure you can.  I could not even find where they are saved/located in the MSFS directory.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

They are at [base install folder]\Packages\fs-base-spb\WeatherPresets

Careful removing them, as they may be used by other content in the sim.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

The default presets are very bad and boring, I never use them too... but there are some great presets with very impressive cloud formations and dramatic skies on flightsim.to

I think if you remove all presets you will either get an error when trying to load a flight, or a complete boring empty blue sky with 15° C default temperature at all flights when not using live weather or whenever your internet connection is lost.

2 hours ago, JetCat said:

but there are some great presets with very impressive cloud formations and dramatic skies on flightsim.to

Floyd's Epic Clouds + 60 weather / cloud presets from real life, highly recommended. 

Don't think it's a good idea to delete the default presets though, as they're most likely "essential components" of the sim. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f