Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

WIll the Lack of SP2 end my future FSX experience?

I have Accel/SP2 running on Vista, as well as SP1 on XP. I only use Vista now for the new Accel features, but it breaks many of my legacy aircraft, so I can't use it for my mainstream flying unless I take the time to fix the textures of them that SP2 broke, (Of which there are many). As for performance, I see a significant drop in Vista and worse in DX10. The only thing that Accel/SP2/DX10 does perform better is when bloom is on, while in DX9 either in Vista or XP there is a dramatic drop in frames, in Vista DX10 ther is only a 1 or 2 drop, but this is relative to the already lower framerate of Vista DX10. This is all with all Vista known Vista patches installed, including the Nvidia recommended Hot fixes from MS for the Nvidia cards, and currently the 169.12 beta drivers for my 8800GT. This is though with Vista 32 (Home Premium) not Vista 64. As a result, all of my mainstream flying is on XP/SP1 and will be until FSXI, unless something radical changes that, and according to Phil, that's it for FSX as far as further development goes!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

"And personally I would not spent money on Vista just to upgrade to DX10, it can be better spent." And do what, Stay with Win-Xp and FSX? Obviously A loosing proposition. In this hobby, Its "grow or go". This hobby has gotten to be a rich man's sport. Just like the real thing.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

>A simple repair of a crack on my passenger step will cost more>than the new computer system I just bought to run fsx...I gave you an affordable option and you laughed it off. :-lol Regards,Jim Karn

Guest United

You know what? I don't mind growing, I don't mind spending either. But to then to be hammered, after 20+ years of versions and patches which did work, with an official Microsoft patch that kills their very own program creation, seems to me a step far backwards. Randy Jura, KPDX

>You know what? I don't mind growing, I don't mind spending>either. But to then to be hammered, after 20+ years of>versions and patches which did work, with an official>Microsoft patch that kills their very own program creation,>seems to me a step far backwards. >Randy Jura, KPDXIt's not a bad thing to break backwards compatibility, it has to be done some time to move on with technology and hardware, but this was the wrong time to start. It should have waited until FSXI. As I said in another post, doing it in a Addon/patch release is changing the rules in the middle of the game, which is not a good thing to do.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d