Sign in to follow this  
BBCM

New Nvidia Driver 552.12 disables FG mod?

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

3090 with 552:12 DLSS and FG - no issues. Running DLSS dll version 3.7.

4 hours ago, Noell said:

I'm have a 3080Ti  with the 552.12 drivers and FG is working perfectly.

Same systems specs Noell. How did you guys get it setup? I have follow Islandsimpilot vids since the first DLSS. But this one 3.7.0 with 552.12 wont work for me. Even tried other drivers. This file is for the 40 series card?  (nvngx_dlssg.dll) Its download from the Techpowerup.com.  And this one for the 30 series? (nvngx_dlss.dll) Its in the DLSStweaks file. Or are both of these in your content folder?  Am confuse. Thanks for your help.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, reecemj said:

I have follow Islandsimpilot vids since the first DLSS. But this one 3.7.0 with 552.12 wont work for me.

The OP (ID: BBCM) for this topic was having the same issue and his last message said he has now found success.  See the last couple of posts on page 1.  Perhaps he can help.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I updated the newest driver via the new Nvidia app, my FG is still working (RTX 3060)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Bob.  Please do not dissolve into the sky here.  Am interested in any objective differences you see with the new driver.  Pretty sure others are interested as well.

Sorry, absolutely nothing jumps out, either for better or worse. I just upgraded to the new driver simply from a feeling I should stay current, and not fall too far behind, rather than any problems or feelings of dissatisfaction with the old driver. I've only had time for an hour or so with the new driver, so maybe something might pop up after I spend more time with it. But honestly, I'm not expecting anything to show. As said, it was just a feeling it was time to update. 

Why the FG mod wasn't working the first couple of times I tried installing still has me scratching my head. But on Noell's suggestion above, I went through and cleared the shader cache, as well as every temp file I could find on the machine, and after that the new driver installed just fine, and the FG mod worked ok. So...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reecemj said:

Same systems specs Noell. How did you guys get it setup? I have follow Islandsimpilot vids since the first DLSS. But this one 3.7.0 with 552.12 wont work for me. Even tried other drivers. This file is for the 40 series card?  (nvngx_dlssg.dll) Its download from the Techpowerup.com.  And this one for the 30 series? (nvngx_dlss.dll) Its in the DLSStweaks file. Or are both of these in your content folder?  Am confuse. Thanks for your help.

As I understand it the dlssg file is for frame gen and the dlss file is not. if you want FG you need the dlssg file in your content folder.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

8 hours ago, BBCM said:

So, I rolled back to my old Nvidia driver 546.33, I think from sometime around Christmas, re-installed the FG mod, and sure enough, the FG mod worked just fine. The difference is over 30 fps more in almost all every MSFS flying situation with the mod active.

I wonder if the FG mod's author can update the mod for the new Nvidia driver? I sure don't fancy going back to less than 30 fps when flying. And my retirement budget doesn't allow umpteen thousand dollar updates for a new card, at least in the immediate future. Oh well, just fyi...

- Bob

Yeah, apparently the person behind that mod is busy with some other things (according to nexus mods etc)

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

3 hours ago, reecemj said:

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

As I understand it the dlssg file is for frame gen and the dlss file is not. if you want FG you need the dlssg file in your content folder.

There's a thread about the DLSS 3.7 here:

As I understand from the thread, the DLSS 3.7 files are intended for RTX 4*** cards with built in frame generation; they aren't intended for pre-4*** cards, and they aren't required for the FG mod to work. Some people in the thread have tried with pre-4*** cards and the FG mod without problems. I tried, and no obvious problems, but no obvious improvements either. I installed both the nvngx_dlss.dll and nvngx_dlssg.dll files. I backed up the original two files already there, and then copied/pasted the new files over top of the old. However, this was with the older 546.33 driver. I haven't tried yet with the new 552.12 driver (I changed back to the original files when I was having trouble with the FG mod). 

Anyway, my problem with getting the new driver and the FG mod to work together are now solved.

Thanks - Bob

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vgbaron said:

3090 with 552:12 DLSS and FG - no issues. Running DLSS dll version 3.7.

I thought the DLSS dll version 3.7 isn't officially out yet and was specifically for devs only and also for 4xxx RTX cards. How did you get it to work with your 3090? I am currently on DLSS dll v3.6. Did all you have to do was replace the 2 dll files with the newer v3.7 to get it to work?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, captain420 said:

I thought the DLSS dll version 3.7 isn't officially out yet and was specifically for devs only and also for 4xxx RTX cards. How did you get it to work with your 3090? I am currently on DLSS dll v3.6. Did all you have to do was replace the 2 dll files with the newer v3.7 to get it to work?

Several people here on Avsim have been using DLSS 3.7, discussed here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/643763-dlss-37/. It's fairly easy to replace DLSS versions, also explained in the thread. There's two DLSS versions as vgbaron mentioned, a "regular" one and one for FG. https://youtu.be/47X4B0XREbc?si=7u5CHIVUKa7zy2Gg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f