Sign in to follow this  
Guest gb anon

acceleration effect while panning

Guest gb anon

Has anyone got the acceleration effect (as when zooming)to work while panning a view with a hat switch in the VC?I have tried playing with thepanaccelertortime / headingpanrate / pitchpanratevalues in camera.cfg but with zero effect.thanks,gb.

Interesting Q gb...As a matter of fact, I'm immersed in the frustration of the same issue even now.You mention cameras that won't accelerate. I'm stumped by all the rest which continuously accelerate. I don't have an answer yet; maybe something is 'broke'. The only other option I can envision is there's something 'they' forgot to mention in the SDK...Or maybe I'm just a slow learner...If it's fixable, then someday it'll get done. I'll continue my experiments and report any progress. Perhaps someone else already has an answer and we're just not 'in the know' yet...Loyd

Make sure you're editing the correct version of the cameras.cfg file. The one in the application directory is a backup/template copy, the one the sim actually uses is in the %appdata%MicrosoftFSX subdir (on Vista, %appdata% is C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoaming).

Guest gb anon

Thanks for the replies.I using the %appdata%MicrosoftFSX subdir cameras.cfg on XP.Loyd, I know you can switch the acceleration(they call it dampening in the SDK) in spot view/ locked spot viewwithFlatChase (dampening on)FlatchaseLocked (dampening off)(and this is with default panaccelertortime of zero. ???)gb.

gb,The SDK says default 5 seconds. So if not specified in a camera definition, then same as if defined as 5. Described as the time for a camera to go from stationary to the "full rate -as defined by panrate parameters."A camera having a PanAccleratorTime=0, pans only at the single speed defined by Pitch/HeadingPanRate parameter. But when I set any NON-ZERO value for acceleratortime, I get an unending acceleration. This isn't what the SDK describes.I haven't "tested" the outside cameras - that's next. I just observe that, at least in the VC, it's an "ALL or Nothing at All" choice.I was hoping that it was merely that it had to be used with some other parameter that wasn't mentioned but if so, then I haven't stumbled onto it yet.Loyd

Guest gb anon

Loyd.Is this with the HAT switch set to "once" or "repeating" mode?My mistake about the default value of 5.I just meant that in the spot views"PanAccleratorTime=0" is what you see there,yet it still accelerates if "FlatChase" is used.gb.