Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

QualityWings didn't renew their trademark? Any more news?

31 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Every few months this zombie topic re-emerges. The rumour is a key developer left sometime in 2021, which halted all progress.

The simple facts are: there has been no news from them since, no promo materials/screenshots and certainly no products from them.

QW has long since joined the list of defunct FS companies, such as GoFlight Tech, Level-D Simulations, Fulcrum Sim, etc.

Just let the topic of QW end already!

Maybe they got older and retired like people do. Some may even move to other development groups.

34 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Bottom line default and freeware will never reach the quality of payware aircraft not PMDG anyways

This is your opinion - which is respected - but not necessarily shared.

35 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

anyone doing serious flight simming anyways.

Again a matter of opinion as to what a "serious" simmer is!  According to your assessment, I am not among them..

Actually you are right, I only "sim" for my enjoyment, and although I had plenty of real world stick time world wide, it was again only for my pleasure and I never took it seriously!

• Like 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Actually you are right, I only "sim" for my enjoyment, and although I had plenty of real world stick time world wide, it was again only for my pleasure and I never took it seriously!

True and that is why I am still using the MSFS standard edition and never upgraded to the Premium Deluxe because I was not serious enough about a upgrade 787 and Longitude. I Brought the Maddog X , PMDG 736 and Fenix A320 don't need any other aircraft (due to limited time) at the moment until someone makes a Lancair Legacy for G.A flying. But have fun and keep supporting default standard airplanes.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

I admit I'm not a big 787 guy

No, me neither.

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

But don't we have better options for the 787 now than we had with QW anyway?

Its all a mixed bag , in some areas compared to the  MSFS 787 the QW has better features , in other areas worse.

I know study level  take a lot of time now, with the depth that’s expected nowadays, but four years on and still no 747, the real aircraft has practically become a museum piece in passenger form in the meantime. And the world’s current long haul mainstay, the 787, is still not even planned in study level form, until perhaps a well established developer pulls the sheet off one and reveals they’ve been working on it for the last 4 years in secret.

• Like 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

47 minutes ago, jon b said:

No, me neither.

Its all a mixed bag , in some areas compared to the  MSFS 787 the QW has better features , in other areas worse.

I know study level  take a lot of time now, with the depth that’s expected nowadays, but four years on and still no 747, the real aircraft has practically become a museum piece in passenger form in the meantime. And the world’s current long haul mainstay, the 787, is still not even planned in study level form, until perhaps a well established developer pulls the sheet off one and reveals they’ve been working on it for the last 4 years in secret.

Well I'm missing that mighty 747 😎

André

1 minute ago, virtualstuff said:

Well I'm missing that mighty 747 😎

Yep 😢

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Sorry, I didn’t see there was already a whole thread about the 747.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

I could never really get into flying the QW 787. There wasn't really anything wrong with it, but it just didn't feel "alive" like some of the more premium addons. 

Just had a quick look on the Flight1 website and I see the QW 787 is right on the front page under popular products. So I assume there is still some kind of tech support available for it to be displayed so prominently. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, james42 said:

but it just didn't feel "alive" like some of the more premium addons. 

Just goes to show how we all are different! I really rather liked the QW787 for A–B flights in spite of its quirks. It had a moving map on the ND, EFB, one of the first ESP-sim airliners to use PBR textures, gave flight and cabin crew announcements and could 'jump-ahead' in the flightplan with realistic time and fuel use calculations. Made it feel much more 'alive' than plenty of other airliners in P3D. YMMV.

1 hour ago, virtualstuff said:

I'm missing that mighty 747 😎

1 hour ago, jon b said:

Yep 😢

Weirdly, same here. Normally I love my ultra modern airliners, yet I've little interest in any A220 or A350. Much prefer to buy the 757, the Jumbo and the Jumbolino revamp (Avro RJ series) when they release. Must be getting nostalgic/old!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

10 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

we now have something we never had in the past, passionate, competent, organised and innovative freeware developers.

I respectfully disagree on this one statement. This library was full of great freeware in the FS9/FSX era with devs like MelJet/POSKY/Project Freeware and many others routinely pushing things out that (at the time) were really unique.
The commercialization of P3D largely killed that and for years it felt like payware was the only way to get decent fidelity.

MSFS has brought it back to the forefront and it's really lovely!

• Like 2

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

12 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

The commercialization of P3D largely killed that and for years it felt like payware was the only way to get decent fidelity.

I tend to agree with this. P3D with its "professional" attribution had a chilling impact on freeware and sent the cost of payware skyrocketing. But back in the FS9 and FSX days there were quite a few dedicated people making very nice scenery. In fact, even today there are some people who have remained on FS9 partly because of that freeware. Of all the contributions of MSFS one is that it has inspired a pretty strong community around it with many people trying their hand at freeware development, really enriching the hobby.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

18 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Bottom line default and freeware will never reach the quality of payware aircraft not PMDG anyways.

I beg to differ.

The Working Title Citation is freeware-recently I did a successful LPV approach into EIDW -something that I never thought would be possible with freeware. 

It saved me the money I was otherwise thinking on spending on a payware FMS and add-on business jet.

The Zibo can do GLS and IAN approaches in X-plane and has these as user options to enable.

I'm not aware that the PMDG 737 can do this in MSFS and would be very happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cognita said:

Of all the contributions of MSFS one is that it has inspired a pretty strong community around it with many people trying their hand at freeware development, really enriching the hobby.

Currently I'm more into P3D than MSFS. But now I understand why do I feel the same good vibe with MSFS as I did with FS9.

If only panels (er...VCs) for MSFS were as easy to make and alias to other aircraft as it was during FS9 days.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

10 hours ago, ZLA Steve said:

This library was full of great freeware in the FS9/FSX era with devs like MelJet/POSKY/Project Freeware and many others routinely pushing things out that (at the time) were really unique.

This library IS full of great freeware in the FS9/FSX era. 😉

Just click the Avsim link in my sig...go to the last page and work your way back and take a trip thru memory lane, hehe.   I had a lot more uploads posted before the great Avsim site hack of yesteryear where almost the entire library was wiped.  I re-uploaded some of my stuff, but never completed it all because of the archaic and labor-intensive upload procedures here. 

You easily identify the simmers that are unaware of what "POSKY" is every time they question the linage and experience of @sherv_BBS and the laughable implication that Bluebird is a "new" Developer with untested experience.  While it technically is a new Dev...its like thinking GE is a new aircraft engine manufacturer because your only exposure to their brand is buying their lightbulbs in the store. 🙂

POSKY's external models back in the day were so good, the community created a merge with the LDS 767 systems and cockpit (2d mind you), because it was better than the payware LDS external model.

Here are 2 of the many paints I did for that excellent package.... (The AA was a collaboration I did with Ed Cox way back when...I have not seen him lately, hope he's ok).

0olq8r.jpg

fQdumh.jpg

Yep...those are FS2004 screens!

Some of us old freeware contributors are still around...just a lot older, a little more tired, but still willing to put out free paints for the community.  I figure I'm doing the PMDG 777, 747, and then I'm out.  Of course...you may see some BlueBird metal from me as well, who knows?🤔

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg