Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

April 11, 2024 MSFS Development Update

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Haha, that's probably wise! I wonder if something other than the Neo keeps delaying the beta. Perhaps some revolutionary improvements in multithreading or memory optimization? That would be something worth waiting for 😄

If the real reason is the Neo, I think they've made a mistake including that in the beta process. I mean, the beta started Feb 14, and the Neo appeared 20 days ago. Seems almost like an afterthought...

Wasn't it in there for like 5 days before, and it was so catastrophically broken they had to pull it?

I think they're doing this for the neo...

• Like 1

Why do you re-post this stuff here????

A waste of time. Anyone using MSFS2020 should know a development update is posted every Thursday.

1 hour ago, tpete61 said:

It has been/is done as a courtesy, I believe.

Not all frequent the same places...meaning...there are those who don't hang there.

• Like 4

pmdgngxpilot.png

I really hope they don't only talk about SU15 in the next Q&A stream. It's time to talk about SU16

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I really hope they don't only talk about SU15 in the next Q&A stream. It's time to talk about SU16

Will it even be a SU16 or are they going to move on to MSFS 2024?. MSFS 2020 version is looking brim for updates these days. Seems like they have hit a bottleneck of this version of MS2020 and not telling us the whole truth.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

A waste of time. Anyone using MSFS2020 should know a development update is posted every Thursday.

I like it. Kind of Avsim tradition.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Posted (edited)

I’ve been waiting to use my favorite Dr Cox rant here on avsim, but haven’t found an appropriate occasion. Until now. Thanks!

For the love of God, do you at least remember what you were doing the day they were passing out common sense? Oh gosh, maybe you were running late that day 'cos' you couldn't find the right thong for those low-rider jeans that you love so much; maybe you were busy bopping along to whatever boy band really makes your heart race nowadays and you just drove on by. Of course I don't know, I'm just guessing... But one thing's sure: you wound up at the dumb-dumb store and just went ahead and put about as much of that in the car as you could fit... didn't you?

(It really should be seen to be appreciated fully)

As was mentioned, the thread was made as a courtesy. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 7

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

2 hours ago, tpete61 said:

Personally, I appreciate it being posted here as it makes it easier and contributes to the conversations. If you are not interested, just skip the thread.

• Like 16

Dan Scott

People are reporting that aside from the iniBuilds A320, SU 15 beta is pretty stable and it runs very well.

So obviously, it's iniBuilds that is delaying SU 15 for so long. Looks like Jorg wants to give iniBuilds more time to fix their A320. 

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I'd rather them get it right, than SU15 being released and crashing the sim. Jeez some people!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

2 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Will it even be a SU16 or are they going to move on to MSFS 2024?. MSFS 2020 version is looking brim for updates these days. Seems like they have hit a bottleneck of this version of MS2020 and not telling us the whole truth.

IMO they need one more update (SU16) to fix the bugs *THEY* introduced in past updates, then full stop work on the current Sim and go full head on with the next.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

It was mentioned there was 2 SU’s planned before MSFS2024.

13 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I'd rather them get it right, than SU15 being released and crashing the sim. Jeez some people!

We’ve been playing four years without SU15, I reckon we can do without a couple of weeks more #RememberSU5.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Is the A320 played with more than any other aircraft in the game I wonder?,  certainly seems like it garners huge attention from current users of the platform and I do see a whole lot of them online.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Yes. I'm wearing my disappointed face right now.

I don't know why.😳  It's better to push this update back as far as they feel necessary versus breaking everyone's sim like they did in the past.  I don't get this gotta have it now and then complain features in the sim is broken attitude.🥴  It's like people at the airport mad their flight is delayed for a technical problem and/or weather.  Would they rather go up and crash losing their lives or wait until all issues/circumstances are resolved?😶

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 6

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2