Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

New Fenix Download, A319/A321 info and flash sale

Posted (edited)

Too late for the sale (I purchased it on Day One 😎), but several people on the fence can give it a try.

I'll update tonight. Regarding FPS, with these performance improvements, is it finally as good as the latest B1 version?

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Read the top line of the PFD..

I can read it fine.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

I can read it fine.

I can also read it, on phone and on my PC in-sim, just not as easily as the rest of the display.

There's something for Fenix to look into, but @Bobsk8 perhaps your monitor settings need a refresh to help legibility.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)

Sorry to interrupt the FSLabs discussion guys. But to be honest I didn’t expect an update this soon after V2. Lots of interesting changes, and I’ll shortly take her up for a spin, after doing some single engine taxi, while testing the ground handling and of course finish off with a belly landing!

Fixed gear being lowered automatically when performing a belly landing

IMO the best airliner ground handling at the moment is the A300, so it’ll be interesting to see what has changed in the Fenix. But at the moment I can’t find anything in the A300 recent changelogs about ground handling, so I’m starting to wonder if I’ve dreamt it…

Looks like this is something they’re planning to improve on further:

We are currently re-tuning the ground friction modelling in line with the incoming SU15 and its new ground friction modelling, and believe this will be a step in the right direction. Our aim is to deploy both of these to you as soon as possible, so rest assured neither of these improvements will be waiting on the expansion before landing in your hands.

Is the recommended update procedure to do an uninstall then install? Then I guess update liveries in livery manager. And I suppose freeware liveries won’t work yet. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Looks very similar to how it looks on my rig. Neither on my rig nor on your screenshot I have any potential difficulty to read the top line of the PFD...

On my screen shot, tell us what the top line says?

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Unless FSL has been working on an A330 for the last several years, and with the past history of their snail-like development pace, I would not expect an FSL feature-rich A330 in MSFS for at least 5-6 years.

And don't count on the price being even close to being competitive if their past pricing structure is replicated.  Oh you want sharklets with that?  Another $80 please.  Not sure that pricing structure is going to work in an MSFS market, again, only time will tell when FSL starts to reveal

I don't know. No matter if FSL comes with an A330 and have a brief monopoly on that aircraft, I don't think we still live in a time in which you can sell a product at $149.99 and then ask $60 for each variant and then again $70 for sharklets. This time has come to an end.

PMDG has a monopoly on most Boeing aircraft and I don't think the 777 will cost as much as it cost on P3D.

Even on the A330, I don't think FSLabs would have a monopoly. Fenix might come with an A330 at some stage, maybe even before FSLabs.

About the A320, there is so much choice right now (Fenix, LatinVFR, FBW, and soon Inibuilds) that FsLabs would be fool to come with another A320 and even more with their former P3D prices. Most of us bought the Fenix now and only few of us would buy a FSLabs A320 now. It would have to come with specs never seen before in msfs for most of us to switch.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

I can also read it, on phone and on my PC in-sim, just not as easily as the rest of the display.

There's something for Fenix to look into, but @Bobsk8 perhaps your monitor settings need a refresh to help legibility.

For crying out loud, my monitor settings have nothing to do with a screen shot from the GPU.. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

For crying out loud, my monitor settings have nothing to do with a screen shot from the GPU..

No need to get testy...

The top line reads:  MAN FLEX +51 / SRS CLB / NAV / AP1 1 FD 2  A/THR

So, while not as easily read as the rest of the PFD, perhaps it's a monitor, GPU, Windows graphics or Nvidia C.P. setting issue on your PC if the top line is unreadable for you.

Edit: I notice your Main Panel Flood Lights are turned on. For a daylight flight, perhaps turn these off to see if there's any positive effect for you.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Don't do it, he is very sensitive when it comes to his monitor settings. I tried to help him with this advice a few weeks ago already. It didn't go well... 😉

And btw I can also easily read the top line of the PFD in that screenshot on my monitor.

I agree though that the displays of the Fenix should be a little brighter. The current max setting brightness should rather be the medium setting brightness.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Since F737MAX said what is on the PFD the ND reads gs177 tas184 290/13 1512 222 0.1nm 13:51 KEWR 22L. Read from my phone. Funny it’s still not widely talked about.

Edited by carlanthony24

Looks like there’s a new Fenix update out, has anyone tried it? 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Posted (edited)

I think Fenix needs to work on adding some contrast to filter out some of the background "haze" on its display so when the brightness is turned down the contrast between the Text and the background is gradually increased then the brightness of the text itself gets dimmer until both fade to black. As it stands theres not much contrast so both the text and the background fades out at the same time and that probably explains "a little bit" Bobs complaint.

For comparison. If one wants to take a look at how i would suggest it to be done can look at the Inibuilds A300 displays when they are turned down. (The haze gets filtered out first then everything gradually goes black)

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Just finished the first flight with the new update:

1. Fault light on engine anti Ice indicators. Had to toggle anti Ice on and off to extinguish it.

2. half way through the flight, Ignition came up on the ECAM screen , stayed on, not matter what I tried. 

3. On approach, airspeed decayed, AP uncoupled, 

4 Four complaints so far on their Discord page about "Dark Displays".  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Four complaints tells you exactly how people feel about the displays not an issue for the other 57,701 members in the discord give or take ones with verified accounts.

Edited by carlanthony24

Posted (edited)

Regarding the displays readability the dev told that now they are closer to the real ones: a mid way from digital and crt quality, a bit darker if you fly daylight and a bit lower in contrast when you fly at night. Anyway no problems on my side. 

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).