Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smiley

Installing add-on aircraft not working

Guest Smiley

Hello all,I've installed a few add-on aircraft and rotorcraft but can't see them in game. I have been flying MSFS since before Win95 came out and have not had difficulty adding on aircraft in the past.I have added on some scenery in FSX and it works well. I just can't get the aircraft or rotorcraft to become available. Some I copied the contents to the simobjects/aircraft folder while others were exe's that installed themselves. None are working in FSX for me.What am I missing here?Thanks in advance!Kurt

Guest Smiley

The *.air files are all located within the aircraft/newplane or rotorcraft/newhelo folders. This is no different than I've done in the past with FS 2004/FS 2002/FS 2000/FS98 & FS95.What else might be causing this?

Guest Smiley

Because fo the scenery file working for the Victoria scenery pack I assumed the installs were going into my F:/FSX/ directory. I assume it is there because I see it in the scenery settings within the game.I forgot that early on my new system had a HDD error on the boot sector and I had to reinstall everything after a reformat of the C: drive (boot partition).When I reinstalled FSX it installed onto my C:/programs directory instead of my preferred location on my F: drive.All the downloads I installed to my F: drive location. I'm now in the process of moving the SimObjects folder to my C: location. When finished I'll try it again and see if all the new planes and helicopters work.Confirmed, I was loading them to the wrong install of FSX. I can now enjoy all the add on aircraft :)