Sign in to follow this  
scnrfrq

Jagged Roads

I just noticed that my interstate roads are very jagged and some areas of the roads look blocky. I've tried decreasing the resolution to 1M and enabling/disabling the encasements in UTX. The rest of my scenery appears OK.

I've got the same exact problem!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest Jimbofly

That's due to a well-known phenomenon we know as the "blurries". The textures aren't catching up at the speed that the aircraft is moving.Getting a vid card with 512MB on board seems to help a lot of people but the cause is still a mystery as some high-end systems are also affected by it.

Same Here.I am running 6600/256 card on older machine.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Do you mean you have a similar problem with the roads? I've tried adjusting all my settings and rolling back to the previous Nvidia drivers. I also went back to my pre-GEX textures. No luck so far. It appears to possibly be a UTX issue.

I had it with my old Radeon X1900GT 256MB.No problems now....you will notice that it is not just the roads in your picture that is a problem. You have a 'blurries' issue in general which is why you are seeing the roads as they are. If you use UTX the problem gets worse because of the extra number of roads it adds in.I bet you are using a video card with only 256MB of RAM. Would I be right?Glenn

I have a Dell XPS Pentium 4 running at 3.8GHZ. The card is an NVidia GeForce 6800GTO with 256MB of RAM. Can you suggest a better card for this machine?

It happened when I installed UTX,but before UTX I didn't have the roads.I have agp card not PCi.I can't use PCI.Does anyone make a 512 AGP card?Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

8800GT 512mb if you can find one in stock.There is also a new version of the 8800GTS coming out this month that will be in a 512MB and a 1GB version.Failing that, you may find a good deal on the original 640MB 8800GTS.Glenn

>I have a Dell XPS Pentium 4 running at 3.8GHZ. The card is an>NVidia GeForce 6800GTO with 256MB of RAM. Can you suggest a>better card for this machine?There is a good chance that a new video card alone will not solve your blurries problem.If you want to run those settings (you have a fair amount of autogen running, I can tell from your screenshot) then you are going to have to make *more* compromises, or get newer hardware, or else...blurries you will get.The 8800GT with 512 vram is the best bang-for-buck deal out right now.However, you really need a faster cpu also. I mean, you can run "ok" with a P4 3.8, but really not at the visual level you will probably want.Your rig could probably be tweaked and configged to not get blurries with your present hardware, but it would probably involve cutting something (like autogen) or reducing your frame lock back to a level you don't want.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Lith1um

As far as I can tell it seems the UTX roads are drawn with vector graphics instead of raster graphics.They are drawn with primitives such as lines and polygons based on geometric coordinate data. In other words they are not pre-rendered, pre-shaped road textures, instead they are drawn at run time by utilitzing a database of road boundary coordinate points.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphicsSince they are made up of lines drawn between points they show aliasing similar to any other 3d line.Just a theory I formed on a casual observation, I could be wrong.

Guest f-16.T38

I don't think your wrong, however I run UTX both USA and Canada on FSX and the roads only look jagged when I get blurries (curse my setup, can't wait to upgrade)