Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Upgrading, blurries, new flight controls,& bargains

Guest bigean

(Drewl) :-eek I'm not into Baron flying, but I'd call you a lucky guy to have this equipment now!I bet you also have TrackIR, there's something on top of the TFT ...Bigean

>The only tweak I have applied is to turn autogen buildings>completely off-I just don't like the way they look-and with>the scenery complexity slider all the way to the right one>http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpg>>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/>Geofa curious what tweak did you use?Thanks,

André

Geofa,I see your TrackIR camera is in the middle of your monitor.When I got my Track clip pro it was jerky turning to the right.Quote from Vince:Make sure you have the TrackIR unit on the left side of your monitor. _________________________NaturalPoint Technical Support

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I was just saying in that situation, I would lock lower, seeing as how his FPS were low...Yes, if you fly in rural areas lock 25-30 etc etc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well,I like to be able to contribute to these forums once in awhile.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Your Baron either has floats or that's an incredibly daring fly-by :-lol Congrats on your new system. Many happy hours enjoying it.Regards,Jim Karn

OIC ;) (Oh I see)That's interesting. I never change my frame lock between rural and urban areas. Maybe I should do that for my bigcity.cfg.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=0000Be careful Geof. According the ACES setting either of these values to zero can cause the sim to crash. Set it at 1 is the recommended "OFF" setting.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest fsxmissionguy

Sweet setup ... but ... where do you stow the wife when checkbook balancing time comes around?

Guest Frostee

I'm happy to see you getting great results with your new system! I recently built a system similar to yours, minus the graphics card. My system-Core 2 Duo E6750 @3.0 overclocked, 2 gig DDR2 800, Gigabyte P35 DS3L motherboard, and a 7600GT 256mb video card. I know, I went cheap on the card. I just yesterday uninstalled FSX because I could not stand the blurries any more. I have tried every darn config tweak known to man with no luck. No, my settings in game are the default that fsx gives me. Even with autogen set to nothing, both trees and buildings, I get the same result!I have a cheap 17" lcd running at 1280x1024, nothing major. I have sp1 installed as required, but every time I take off from any airport, Sarasota, JFK, eastern bfe!, it doesn't matter, with the default 737, the textures cannot keep up, and at about 1000ft, its a blurry mess. I have been so frustrated over the last few months trying to get it to clear up with no luck, that I have just given up. FS9 runs perfectly on my new system, with mucho add-ons and full AI. Anyway, I'm glad that you have got the X working on your new rig. Any sugestions to my quandry would be appreciated because I would really like to make the leap to FSX, but this is holding me back.p.s.-my traffic settings in FSX were with Ultimate Traffic at 35%.

Why wife gave up on me long ago when she got me into flying (a mistake she has probably regretted). However-I have a great rational-my plane has been down for two months with one engine sent back to Continental. Since I have been unable to fly for two months-think of all the money I have saved-and how much I need to practice realistically on the sim. (I think she bought it ;-) )http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/