Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Runaway Learjet

Guest pulseox

I searched the forums for an answer and came up with 2 possibilites-but neither worked...... I had an IFR flight-London to Glasgow with the stock Learjet. Takeoff- flight, all worked well-I intercepted the glideslope and touched down fine-I disengaged auto throttle and autopilot prior to landing. Problem was the plane wouldn't stop-even after turning the engines off-it ran over the end of the runway and before I could stop-it took off again! I tried recalibrating my stick and adding FSUIPC-neither made any difference. I'm hoping someone can come up with a solution for me. Thanks!

Guest pulseox

Wow! That's hilarious.....but mine climbed back into the sky....

Guest fsxmissionguy

Oy Jet ... indeed!Pratt and Whitney should do a commercial with this video: Takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

Guest dswo

Back to the original question. You don't say what you've tried already, but perhaps one of the following might be helpful:1. What was your speed before touchdown? On final, you want to hold 140 KIAS.2. Are you deploying airbrakes? (If so, or you have them set to deploy automatically, try it without.)3. Have you tried reverse thrust after touchdown? (Hold down F2 until you hear a different noise from the engine; when your airspeed drops below 60 KIAS, increase throttle slightly so you don't tip over backwards.)

>Oy Jet ... indeed!>>Pratt and Whitney should do a commercial with this video:>Takes a licking and keeps on ticking!Registration for their replacement jet: OY-WET

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>>Oy Jet ... indeed!>>>>Pratt and Whitney should do a commercial with this video:>>Takes a licking and keeps on ticking!>>Registration for their replacement jet: OY-WETIn case anyone's tempted to think Ed's joking, see here:http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1062899/M/Also, from European Business Air News -http://www.ebanmagazine.com/mag_story.html?ident=8508"Dry humour of OY-WETOctober 4, 2006:Staff at Weibel Scientific, the Danish radar manufacturing company, have proved they have a sense of humour as well as scientific brains.After making a low pass at Bader Field, Atlantic City, runway 29, the pilot of the company Citation CJ2 (registration OY-JET) returned for touch down, but landed by mistake on runway 11.The aircraft overshot the runway and ended up badly damaged in the Intercoastal Waterway. The plane's four occupants were unhurt but had to be rescued by boat.When the aircraft was re-registered, it can only be presumed the person doing so had a sense of humour, logging the new registration number as OY-WET."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Check that AutoThrottle is turned OFF.I even lower the IAS hold setting to zero and control speed myself after reaching around 1,000 feet on jets. Another thing to watch is the total loadout - full fuel load makes it hard to stop!

Guest pulseox

I didn't use airbrakes-I didn't use reverse thrust, I did disengage Autothrottle (althought I didn't set it to zero first) and I think I had about 75% fuel left. Thanks for all the tips-I'll try again!

After you turn off the autothrottle, make sure you pull back on your throttle as well. Simply turning off autothrottle has no effect without this. Seems to be an anomoly inherent in all FSX aircraft with autothrottle.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

The video you reference is actually a CJ2 Citation owned by a European concern that landed downwind on a short wet runway that turbine operations were restricted on. It is actually powered by Williams engines.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

You may also want to make sure that your throttle axis is off if you are using the Function keys to set throttle. Have a look in Settings/Controls/Control Axes. If you've got the throttle on your joystick or yoke set and the Function keys are also set then they will compete with each other.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

>The video you reference is actually a CJ2 Citation owned by a>European concern that landed downwind on a short wet runway>that turbine operations were restricted on. It is actually>powered by Williams engines.I believe that was mentioned here in Reply #7:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=set...ow_topic#426118

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator