Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

Graphics issue? Please help!

Hi,Please take a look to this video!

When DX10 is enabled I get the problem it shows. When DX10 is disabled it disappears.Attached is fsx.cfg for you to take a look.FSX with Acceleration Pack is running on:- Vista ultimate- Intel Core2 E6600- Geforce 8800 GTX- 4 GB Memorycan you help? Tanks,RegardsAbrupto

Guest fsxmissionguy

Nothing wrong with FSX there (so don't bother looking at the .cfg).The problem is your video driver. (In fact, when I looked at the video, I said to myself: "I bet he has an 8800!")The 8800 seems to be the common denominator for many problems folks are having using FSX. It is not ready for primetime (like much of Vista-related hardware.)

Hi! Tanks for the response. So what do you suggest me to do?- update the driver or change the graphics card? Which driver or graphics card do you suggest?TanksAbrupto

Guest firehawk44

Not a video card problem but a well known issue with DX10 preview checked in your config. It happens to all video cards, not just the 8800. There's all kinds of threads here on the AVSIM forums concerning this issue (search for DX10 Preview). I doubt it will be fixed soon but I understand ACES is working with NVIDIA and ATI to see if the issue can be resolved via a video card driver update. You might also complain to your respective video card maker about the problem. Stay tuned. BTW, I have the same video card you have and the 8800GTX is an excellent card that works extremely well within FSX, especially in SLI.Best regards,Jim

Guest fsxmissionguy

The 8800, however, is supposed to enable DX10, something it does not do very well, but something for which you are charged an exhorbitant amount.As long as you don't play a DX10 game with it, should work fine.(I use the GeForce 7950, btw.)

>The 8800, however, is supposed to enable DX10, something it>does not do very well, but something for which you are charged>an exhorbitant amount.>>As long as you don't play a DX10 game with it, should work>fine.>>(I use the GeForce 7950, btw.)I'm using a 7950 as well. Would you mind telling me what drivers youa currently using?Thanks in advance.Craig

Guest fsxmissionguy

Craig,I'm using the 93.81 driver set (which, unless I'm mistaken, is the latest) and have very good performance with this driver.I'm not trying to bash the 8800 ... I have just noticed that almost everyone reporting graphics issues with FSX is using this particular video card.

Guest firehawk44

"I'm using the 93.81 driver set (which, unless I'm mistaken, is the latest) and have very good performance with this driver."The latest driver for your graphics card is the WHQL 163.75 released on Nov 6th (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_163.75.html). If you're happy with your current driver I'd keep it but you might want to check out what's new in the latest release first. For instance, you might get better FPS with the latest and greatest. No problem bashing the 8800. It provides excellent performance and graphics for me though and, as display drivers mature, I'm confident it will get even better.Best regards,Jim

>"I'm using the 93.81 driver set (which, unless I'm mistaken,>is the latest) and have very good performance with this>driver.">>The latest driver for your graphics card is the WHQL 163.75>released on Nov 6th>(http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_163.75.html). If>you're happy with your current driver I'd keep it but you>might want to check out what's new in the latest release>first. For instance, you might get better FPS with the latest>and greatest. >>No problem bashing the 8800. It provides excellent>performance and graphics for me though and, as display drivers>mature, I'm confident it will get even better.>>Best regards,>JimThe 163.75 would only be for Vista; is that correct?? What would bethe latest for XP if that's true?Craig