Sign in to follow this  
Guest Horst

Alternate panoramic device for MSFSX ! Look this !

Guest srathe

That's pretty remarkable. Impressive. Probably not as good as the TrackIR with regard to immersion, but sure does outclass a hatswitch or mouse by a long shot. Plus, just cool that someone thought to try it out, and succeeded so elegantly.Thanks for posting the link.Jesse

Guest cbuchner1

I have another option to use:You purchase a Nintendo Wii Controller and optionally the Nunchuk (secondary controller) and connect this one to your PC through Bluetooth (a USB Bluetooth dongle may be required).Then you can use my software WiiFly! which is in the avsim file library to both control the aircraft and to look around by tilting the controllers. Rudder and throttle are also controlled with a little analog stick on the Nunchuk.These controllers have 3-axis analog G sensors and therefore it's possible to measure their tilt relative to the ground plane.This input method certainly is fun but it's more of a novelty than being really useful. ;-)Christian

This "nunchuk" place on head and have alternative track-ir device ? hmm.. I have Track-Ir 4pro today. But my neck is dead after use track-ir. In touchpad i see alternative device for my fingers but not for neck.===Christian ! ! ! One question ! Where i can read info about your "nunchuk" device (or connection method) ? It is idea interest too ! Can i read "nunchuk" SDK for make advanced software for FSX ?

Guest cbuchner1

These two are the controllers. Nunchuk on the left side, Wiimote on the right side.http://images.p-nintendo.com/hardware/wii/...ii_nunchuk2.jpgand they don't fit on your head too well. I've tried ;)In my implementation, tilting the nunchuk controls the aircraft, the analog stick on the rudder and throttle. The wiimote controls the camera. Holding it vertically means looking straight forward. Tilting it left/right out of the vertical position means looking left and right. Tilting it backwards or forwards means looking up or down.The buttons on the Wiimote can be mapped to other Flight Sim functions. Together with a trigger button (invisible on this image) you can achieve about 20 button combinations that can be freely assigned. So basically you no longer need your keyboard for most basic VFR flights.There is no official SDK for these controllers, but someone at Microsoft has published code under a permissive license. My WiiFly! tool is based on that library, available here: http://www.codeplex.com/WiimoteLibBoth controllers would cost you about $70 .. those who already own the Nintendo Wii! console might already own some.

Guest thx1137

Hmmm. Could be a cool way to make a wireless yoke! If it is sensitive enough to pitch changes. You could also a Wii remote in rudder peddles. No potentiometers to get noisy! I am now glad I didn't throw my old ones away.I have so many #### cables around it would also be good to get rid of some. Time to experiment!Steven.

Hhmm. Good idea. But one question ! How precision in nunchuk ? Track-Ir have absolute coordinates and have resolution 720x575 points. Touch pad have absolute coordinates and resolution 4600x3200 points. How resolution if i move nunchuk in 3-5mm right or another side ? I want use nunchuk as low price alternatve Trac-Ir device. Can i move head in VC with use nunchuk with your software ? (not for controls aircraft)..

It may sound a bit odd, but I made a "free" view tracker for the IL2 flightsim by plugging in an extra mouse, just putting it on the floor, and moving it around using my foot. (IL2 has mouse view capability.) I had it cupped under my toes and I could move it around easily and with pretty good accuracy. I tried using tape, it worked, but just cupped in the ball of your big toe and index toe was almost as good. If the view got out of control and bonkered up, I just hit center view on my HOTAS and I was right back in the middle and could go again. I'm not kidding, the immersion factor was real.Can you get a mouse view with FSX? In IL2, you didn't have to click a mouse buton, you just had to move it around.

Guest Stoopy

Re: the Wii controllers......I LIKE it! Would be really great if you could have one in each hand, and then stand in front of your monitor with your arms outstretched at your sides, and tilt to bank the plane, spin left and right for rudder input, duck down or rise up for elevator input, etc., like we did when we were kids! Completely natural and instinctive control inputs! And with enough ducttape, I'm sure one could be affixed to the pilot's head to increase the immersion level. Possibilities are endless...if we can just sell the airline simmers on it..... :D

Guest cbuchner1

It's less a precision problem in the A/D conversion (limited precision) than it is with sensor noise. Initially the sensor noise made the camera jitter and stutter quite a lot to the point where it was unusable.Now I am averaging over a short time period (say, 0.1 seconds) to get a more reliable result but with a short lag. I shall soon put an updated video on youtube where I showcase the combination of Tileproxy Beta 6 and Wiimote flying... say in Grand Canyon or so.

Guest Horst

I am using X52 pro, and using it this way:Button 5 is my