Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

GA ai gone with WOAI packages

How do I get my GA acft back after installing World of AI packs?I don't see any...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello Ryan,WoAI flightplans are coded in FS9 format, which means they will disable any FSX compliant flightplans on your system, including the default commercial, GA, and ship traffic, as well as AI traffic provided with any add-ons you may have installed.Ideally, you would want to convert the WoAI FS9 flightplans to FSX format using one of the available converters.As a work-around you can use some of the FS9 GA traffic files linked to at Reggie Field's website: http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/uplo...A/Def_GA_DL.htmCheers, Holger

You can't mix WOAI plans and native FSX GA unless you first compile the WOAI plans into native FSX plans.FSX will recognise both the old FS9 flight plans and new FSX plans but will not allow both to co-exist. It's one or the other.....Glenn

So what do I use to convert them?Also, am I SOL because I already installed all of the Fp's?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Actually guys, you just use the new installer for World of AI. It is already configured for FSX. The original general aviation and commercial ai bgls remain untouched. I've disabled them manually, but they are there. You can have whatever you want. Make sure your sliders in the options tab are on.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Which one is that, I use one that allows for the path to FSX, but I still don't have GA flight plans...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

>So what do I use to convert them?>>Also, am I SOL because I already installed all of the Fp's?>>No, you're not sol. You can take your fp bgl files, run them through Peter Van der Veen's AIFPC program, and convert them that way. It works 90% of the time. :) You don't need to touch the aircraft installs...they should be fine.The flight plan bgl files will be installed where you chose to install them using the WoAI installer. (Mine are in h:scenerytrafficscenery)AIFPC is not the only converter out there. Jens Rabmund's converter actually works 99% of the time BUT it does not generate the correct FSX day of the week, requiring you to manually fiddle to correct the day in your plans. AIFPC does it all, and works most of the time. AIFPC is available at FSDeveloper I think...if it's not here at AVSIM already.Once you convert these bgl's, then you will have, for the most part, FSX traffic bgl files, and your FSX GA can stay.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest roddymod

>Actually guys, you just use the new installer for World of>AI. It is already configured for FSX. The original general>aviation and commercial ai bgls remain untouched. I've>disabled them manually, but they are there. You can have>whatever you want. Make sure your sliders in the options tab>are on.>>LeeAlthough the installer is configured to select either FS9 or FSX installation it does not convert the traffic files from the FS9 to the FSX format. To achieve this you need to use AIFPC.Rod.

Funny they are working just fine in my FSX just installed straight with the installer. The general aircraft are controlled by a seperate bgl that comes with the original install. It has its own slider in the options menu.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest JimC1702

You can just use the lazy man method, which is what I used. :)Download the file worldga.zip from the Avsim library and you'll have plenty of Cessnas, Pipers, and Mooneys flying all over the world.Jim

sounds nice but the author says that the planes don't do patterns....*cries*I love coming to a hick airport and having traffic in the pattern with meAlso, the guy who still has GA traffic even those using WOAI, where is the GA file located?nm, I found 8 files in world/scenery/ folder, each withTraffic_FSX_DefaultxyzAre these the backup files? If so, they need flight plans to go with them I think....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |