Sign in to follow this  
Mroberts95

PMDG 777 Leaked Manual and more Photos

Posted (edited)

Seems somebody found the 777 manual.

Attached are a bunch of new screenshots from it.

https://imgur.com/a/54tM8cF

Edited by Mroberts95
  • Like 2

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Posted (edited)

I got to it before it was taken down and just finished reading the entire thing. Not much new info in there but these were the bits I found interesting that were as of yet unconfirmed. A lot was just an overview of the options in the FMC, very similar to 737 options. Also a good bit of how the 777 FBW system works from the perspective of the pilot.

1. The default MSFS weather radar is included

2. Inibuilds A300-style brake wear/glowing brakes type features have been added

3. There are some options in the FMC about a custom steering system. Unclear if this is going to clear up the horrible ground handling present on the 737 or not.

4. Camera shake for ground roll, touchdown, turbulence, aerodynamic effects, etc. have been added. Possibly will obsolete FSRealistic usage entirely.

5. The EFB can be moved between 3 locations - the default position over built in tablet location, on the window, and over by the CDUs to help with data entry.

Edited by Andrew2448
  • Like 14

It took them that long to finally include stock WX radar which now is part of PMDG hype .

We have been beating this topic on PMDG forum  over a year while getting mysterious excuses lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

“Leaked” 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

If people want to see what all the fuss is about just type in "pmdg 777 leaked manual" in google and there is an archive of the manual a few posts down in reddit.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Maybe they would add WXR to 737…

49 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

“Leaked” 

It was clearly an accident since they took it down

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

It took them that long to finally include stock WX radar which now is part of PMDG hype .

They thought it was a waste of time since it's hardly useful for proper weather evasion (and they were right about that IMO, I can't do anything useful with the MSFS WX radar in the planes that have it, e.g. the 787 or A300)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

They thought it was a waste of time since it's hardly useful for proper weather evasion (and they were right about that IMO, I can't do anything useful with the MSFS WX radar in the planes that have it, e.g. the 787 or A300)

You’ve got that the wrong way round; it is useful for weather evasion. The problem is the weather doesn’t need to be evaded.

I don’t think they thought it a waste of time, I think they were simply unaware until relatively recently that the sim could output precipitation data.

Hopefully this will now make it into the 737.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

it is useful for weather evasion.

The lack of tilt / vertical scanning means I have to evade anytime a bad weather cell is (horizontally) in front of me, instead of seeing if I could outclimb or outdescent it. So yes, technically it's useful, but for aviation means it's not useful. You don't ask for vectors anytime a weather cell is *somewhere* in front of you, e.g. when you're flying above the tropopause and couldn't care less about weather beneath you.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Upvote 2

Nothing really new!!!!

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

I am hoping to see a bit more ambience with sounds - things like PA if the PA selector on etc.  PMDG aircraft are very "quiet" by comparison with others

Most importantly...hopefully they've sorted the FBW out.  It flew nicely in P3D before the 200ER came out, and every since its been terrible - very weird in pitch.  They never fixed that despite ruining what was a product that flew well.  I personally think they owe P3D customers at least a fix for the FBW as it sort "broke" it.