Sign in to follow this  
BrammyH

BMWorld KSFO Released...

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Worse still...I find the default one good enough!

For now me too, although Flightbeam's Denver is one of my favourites so I reckon I'll "add to cart" once his KSFO drops.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

3 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Wrong thread?

Indeed! Sorry about that.

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Interesting take on San Francisco 😄

I was of course referring to the lesser known San Francesco, a small village just down the road from Little Bonking, Lincolnshire (shuffles off, stage left)

• Like 6

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

I'm waiting for Flightbeam KSFO, not interested in any other developer for this scenery.

That's what I'm going to do also, no hurry to drop cash on something that's not on same level. I appreciate the competition between developers, but there are many many other airports that get done and not step on each other's toes.

Edited by Bigmack
  • Upvote 1

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Posted (edited)

So...the question is WHO BMWorld wants to be. Are they the makers of high end scenery that goes head to head with FB, FlyTampa, and FSDS? Or are they the makers of mediocre scenery that scrapes the bottom of the barrel? I don't know for sure, but I think the answer is that they are a bit "schitzophrenic" right now because this scenery is NOT good. Not good at all. The textures and blacked out windows for most of the airport places this squarely as something that should be downloaded for free from flightsim.to. And quite frankly this was something thrown together to divert money from FB. Not to mention that apparently no developers or beta testers have GSX since it kicks up an error within 5 seconds of the scenery loading. 

Ultimately, if I were BMWorld I would be embarrassed by this release - unless of course this is the type of scenery they wish to be known for - then okay. I also noticed that they couldn't even get around to make a proper AFD file for their KSAN airport which goes to show that they just fling them out there and move on to the next money endeavor. No passion, just assemblyline production.

TL:DR - Please save your money and wait for the FB KSFO. This is little more than freeware quality.

Mike T.

Edited by Mike T
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Mike T said:

So...the question is WHO IniBuilds wants to be. Are they the makers of high end scenery that goes head to head with FB, FlyTampa, and FSDS? Or are they the makers of mediocre scenery that scrapes the bottom of the barrel? I don't know for sure, but I think the answer is that they are a bit "schitzophrenic" right now because this scenery is NOT good. Not good at all. The textures and blacked out windows for most of the airport places this squarely as something that should be downloaded for free from flightsim.to. And quite frankly this was something thrown together to divert money from FB. Not to mention that apparently no developers or beta testers have GSX since it kicks up an error within 5 seconds of the scenery loading. 

Ultimately, if I were iniBuilds I would be embarrassed by this release - unless of course this is the type of scenery they wish to be known for - then okay then.

TL:DR - Please save your money and wait for the FB KSFO. This is little more than freeware quality.

Mike T.

Just to clarify, iniBuilds did not create this scenery. There are merely the vendor that sells it (similar to Orbx Central). BMW and AmSim are the developers of the scenery, and all comments regarding the scenery should be directed towards them.

21 minutes ago, Bigmack said:

appreciate the competition between developers, but there are many many other airports that get done and not step on each other's toes.

I agree, I almost feel like this was done purposely to step on FB.  Plenty of other airports that could have been done and that we don't have 2 or 3 versions of (or in progress) already......

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 minutes ago, Jviation said:

Just to clarify, iniBuilds did not create this scenery. There are merely the vendor that sells it (similar to Orbx Central). BMW and AmSim are the developers of the scenery, and all comments regarding the scenery should be directed towards them.

Yup. Edited my post for accuracy - BMWorld

8 minutes ago, Mike T said:

So...the question is WHO BMWorld wants to be. Are they the makers of high end scenery that goes head to head with FB, FlyTampa, and FSDS? Or are they the makers of mediocre scenery that scrapes the bottom of the barrel? I don't know for sure, but I think the answer is that they are a bit "schitzophrenic" right now because this scenery is NOT good. Not good at all. The textures and blacked out windows for most of the airport places this squarely as something that should be downloaded for free from flightsim.to. And quite frankly this was something thrown together to divert money from FB. Not to mention that apparently no developers or beta testers have GSX since it kicks up an error within 5 seconds of the scenery loading. 

Ultimately, if I were BMWorld I would be embarrassed by this release - unless of course this is the type of scenery they wish to be known for - then okay. I also noticed that they couldn't even get around to make a proper AFD file for their KSAN airport which goes to show that they just fling them out there and move on to the next money endeavor. No passion, just assemblyline production.

Mike T.

I will likely wait till FB releases but this is totally not fair to BMW.  I have lots of their airports.  All of them are very well done, they may not be FT of FB but those devs take years to release 1 airport.  While I'm happy to support FT and FB when they make releases that's just not a feasible timeline anymore.  I will gladly take a well done but not over the top airport that takes 3 months.  The world is a big place. the more non-default airports the better.  I'm happy not every company takes 2 years to complete one project.

• Like 1

Nick Running

8 minutes ago, Mike T said:

Yup. Edited my post for accuracy - BMWorld

No worries!

Just now, nrunning24 said:

All of them are very well done,

BMW and Amsim are just like the "Gucci" handbag you can buy for 2 dollars in Bangkok. Except for that this one actually costs as much as the original "Gucci".

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

BMW and Amsim are just like the "Gucci" handbag you can buy for 2 dollars in Bangkok. Except for that this one actually costs as much as the original "Gucci".

Completely disagree they fill a needed niche in the market.

• Like 1

Nick Running

Just now, nrunning24 said:

Completely disagree they fill a needed niche in the market.

A need for overpriced, half baked, stuttery scenery which only comes into existance because someone else announced this airport before.

If there's a need for solid, but fast quality: MKStudios can do solid airports just as fast, but they cost less and perform much better.

• Upvote 2

I Don't know why people are bashing them for releasing their own SFO. If Flightbeam Loses sales that's their own fault for sitting on their hands for 4 years. All these other projects they did in the meantime nobody was going to do those. This is their flagship airport in my opinion but the days of squatting on a particular airport are over. If this were MK Studios or Vertical Sim I would have already bought it as well and moved on as I like them a bit more than BMWorld. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

A need for overpriced, half baked, stuttery scenery which only comes into existance because someone else announced this airport before.

If there's a need for solid, but fast quality: MKStudios can do solid airports just as fast, but they cost less and perform much better.

Then dont buy it. but no one else has come out with KPBI, KOAK, KMEM, KSEA, KDAB, KPHX.  I would rather fly to a decently well done reasonable looking scenery for these then not have them in the market.

• Like 4

Nick Running

You would think these folks are feelthere or something. 😛