Sign in to follow this  
greyspider

Addon Scenery Not Able to be Disabled??

I have been an Flight Sim user for 50 years, so this is very strange... In FSX-SE.

I am pretty sure that KSAN is not a detailed city or airport in FSX, so I installed an addon scenery. (Normal installation, creating a KSAN folder on my external drive and creating a scenery folder inside that, Then putting the file's bgl's in there. Then adding it through the Scenery Liobrary, as I've done for decades (although this is the first time using a separate drive for addon scenery). It now has cruise ships, several hangers, etc. So it worked. I also added several other sceneries...

Here's what is strange. After adding another scenery that did not seem to be changing anything, I went back to the scenery library and, as a test, disabled the KSAN scenery (unchecked it) and hit OK . When I loaded up a flight at KSAN, the addon objects were still there. I went back to the Scenery Library and this time deleted KSAN. No change. It still looks like the addon.

I was also wondering why I had zero AI traffic at my KTUS addon so I thought maybe the addon had changed something, so I deleted that airport. But KTUS still looks the same. To be honest, I am not sure if what I am seeing at KTUS is FSX default or the addon but if I disable that there is no change...same as KSAN.

So I see 2 possibilities.

1- KSAN and the San Diego area is a lot mor detailed than I expected the FSX default KSAN to be, which means the addon isn't showing (even though I got no error messsages when installing it through the Senery Libray).

2- The addon installed but, for some resason, I can't deactivate it (which makes no sense whatsover.)

3- FSX is not recognizizing any of them, even though, when I examine the sceneries in the Scenet Library, they all have the correct location (external drive) and look like they are installed.

Somebody help if you can.

Pete

Followup to last post-

I have Megascenery Arizona for FSX installed and showing active in the Scenery Library. The Grand Canyon (Megascenery website says it is one of the features of the scenery) is very bland, generic, no trees in the area.. When I disable it in the Scenery Library, the default looks MUCH better...trees, detailed terrain. So now I really wonder if the addon scenery that shows as enebled is actually showing.

Hey, so sim-outhouse.org is a little more active for fsx. You have to go into the c drive file ---> steam ---> steam apps ---> common ---> fsx ---> add on scenery/scenery ----> remove from file by delete or store it in a temporary folder for later use

if you dont have steam edition, i believe it is c drive ---> microsoft games

More info- I repaied, through the Steam app, corrupted files and I believe the scenery is working nowe. Howevweer, I have NO traffic at any airports, even major ones like LAX, etc. My traffic is set pretty high in the settings and I have never installed any additional AI traffic (at least not intentionally). So, one problem hopefully fixed and another still baffling me.

I had to go in my custom settings and crank traffic to about as high as i could get it. But not too sure, i didnt think scenery affects traffic

To siolve traffic issues,I just added a traffic program- Traffic Global, purchased through Flight 1. It is very nice. I had to figure a few things out that there seemed to be no answers to on forums or by Googling. Did I need to start it before FSX or does it startup automatically when you launch the sim? Etc. But, trial and error answered these questions.

Before getting TG, I bought and istalled Ultimate Traffix Live2, which is no longer supported (that was indicated on the purchase page so I accepted that since it was fairly inexpensive and sounded like a great program.) However, it crashed after 10 minutes- every time! It would work beautifully and as soon as I got in the air, boom! crash. Have to restart the sim... I Googled, etc. to no avail. Couldn't find anyone with the exact problem. So I uninstalled it. I asked the seller for a refund but will probably not get it. Oh, well...

So Traffic Global is working great. Lots of major airline traffic at the airports and no performance hits that are any worse than normal scenery enhancements.

Now the only remaining pain-in-the-word not allowed thing is the fact that , about 50% of the time, when I start FSX, the ATC siound reverts back to the default sound source, Primary device> instead of where I selected- my sound card. It doesn't seem to want to save this setting...weird.

Keep in mind there is not ATC for those planes. But if ATC sound setting does that to many when I mod the file for some reason, add new planes. 

Actually, as I use Traffic Global, I do hear ATC communicating with those AI planes. Maybe I misunderstood your post.

As for the sound issue, whaytt I mean is that I have n interface (call it an external sound card) that all my PC sound goes through, and in FSX settings I select that as my sound device. But many times after I restart FSX it reverts back to the default "Primary Voice" setting. I can still hear engine and cockpit sounds but the ATC commands have no sound. Then I have to go back to seetings and change it. Just an annoying glitch. I try to remember to make the change before starting a flight.

Okay, for some reason I heard traffic global werent recognized by atc and were onnly asthetic. Please, let me know if you have a link?

Try Scenery Config Editor. Game changer for enabling/disabling and re-ordering the scenery cfg file.

• Like 1

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png