Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

Flight1 should consider going full throttle

Well you certainly have my attention.. You never know what the future holds... :-)

There 'ya go Jim, that ought to keep ya'll busy for awhile:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Actually I think the MSFS franchise could do with some competition.If I recall the greatest advancements in MSFS where made when there was competition from the likes of Fly, Pro Pilot, etc.I think the only competition MSFS has now is from X-Plane.Bryan

>I think the only competition MSFS has now is from X-Plane.>>Bryan>And if X-Plane had real nice 3D VC cockpits...... SOLDIts the only reason I have not bought this latest version yet.al

Guest Alphahawk3

I was just sitting here and going to log onto Avsim and say pretty much the same thing. I know I can purchase from them with complete confidence and 99 percent of the time their products are outstanding. I need a new system...bad. But Flight1 keeps giving me superb products that allow me to use FSX and be satisfied with performance on a middle of the road system...or maybe even low end...P4 3ghz..76500gt and 2 gig of ram. I use GEX...Cessna 172 and will soon purchase FEX. Oh.....I purchased SF260 last night. What an airplane!! Way to go guys!!! Great work !! Randy

Guest Zevious Zoquis

well, technically the SF260 is by the brilliant RealAir Simulations team...perhaps they could all get together and produce the next big flight sim. :)

Guest fsxmissionguy

Hate to disappoint you guys ... but the cost of developing a sim remotely comparable to Flight Simulator these days is way beyond the reach of Flight1, or just about any other organization that doesn't have Microsoft's resources.I recently downloaded X-Plane (a few years after having looked at it) and there's just no comparison visually.Let's have a screenshot comparison of the current X-plane and FSX.

Guest BOPrey

Forget about screenshots. Just compare the AI and you will find a big difference.

Guest slydon

I wish somebody had bought the rights to flight unlimited and continued that. I think that sim was great. Of course, most of the reason that the scenery was so good was because it only covered a limited amount of the world.

Considering the excellent and "at the top" products coming from the Flight1 team and their associates, I bet they would make the best flight sim ever2 years?Get to work guys.... :-blaWould it not make sense to pay as much for a very high quality non-buggy flight sim as a medium priced videocard? say 225 $allen:-jumpy

>Considering the excellent and "at the top" products coming>from the Flight1 team and their associates, I bet they would>make the best flight sim ever>>2 years?>>>Get to work guys.... :-bla>>Would it not make sense to pay as much for a very high quality>non-buggy flight sim as a medium priced videocard? say 225 $>>allen>:-jumpy>I don't believe they could ever do that.

I haven't tried xplane in a while-but it used to limit visibility to 20 miles or below-one of the main reasons performance was so much better than fs at the time. You just don't get everything for nothing-features take performance, and different sims just tend to concentrate on different features. It is a nice dream though that there is a perfect sim waiting to be developed out there. The grass always looks greener-until you get close.Fly tried to compete-and although I thought Fly II pretty much failed, Fly I pushed the envelope. Pro Pilot did push initial inovations and the envelope big time-it would certainly be nice to have more players in the field. However, both these sims had complaints perhaps even worse than we have seen with fsx (fuIII was the start of the sliders/complaints)-and their parent companies finally decided it wasn't worth it. History is always important as it tends to repeat! :-)http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest Alphahawk3

While I am no programmer.....did have to learn machine language back in the early 80's to work on the HAWK missile system......it would not surprise me if Flight1 could come up with a sim. As most things all is market driven. While I have no clue as to how many flight simmers there are the first person shooter games far outsell MSFS. There also is this cult for MSFS. I use it and if something else comes along better I would migrate to it...a lot of folks would die before even trying anything else. I have tried X-Plane over the years and it is no where near FSX and it is not too user friendly. I called X-Plane tech support one day and talked to one of the main developers. He asked me if I liked his program and I replied it needed to be much more user friendly and have better graphics......he told me they were going to work on that. Obviously not anytime soon as their new version is not a lot better than the last iteration. It is quite obvious to me that with so many add on developers for FSX that FSX as an out of the box program leaves a lot to be desired. When Flight1 can sell GEX textures that look better and give better performance than MSFS and the same with FEX why couldn't MSFS do the same thing. So in my humble opinion MSFS has the market wrapped up for now. No one that is big in the gaming market obviously thinks a flight sim would sell enough copies to justify the cost or they could think MSFS has the market wrapped up. Either way we have what we have and were it not for Flight1 I would not play this game as much a s I do. Regards, Randy

Guest slydon

Didn't anyone else (besides me) try flight unlimited? I thought that one was ahead of its time. But you are right, it is all about dollars and apparantly not enough hard core simmers to warrant it.