Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Anybody try Flight 1 Cockpit Chatter?

Guest byoung

It looks pretty interesting. What is the FPS hit?Feedback would be appreciated...Barry

Guest fsxmissionguy

Yea, I'd be interested also to see if it lives up to its billing - but so far, am unwilling to part with the cash to test it.

Guest byoung

Wow, I thought somebody would have chimed in by now....Barry

Cockpit Chatter is unlike many of our other releases.Aircraft products, scenery products or utilities, and similar are much easer to know quickly. Cockpit Chatter is rather unique in that it does not have a visual feedback system... one needs a bit of time and adaptation to really know what this product is.You may start up Cockpit Chatter, and say "gear down" or something simple, but it goes so much deeper than that. And for some who have already used it, and once they really got to know their copilot, they now never fly without it. But it took a bit of time for them to get there.So it is a gradual experience, and the adaptation time for each pilot may be faster or slower, depending on many factors. But you can get a "this is neat" impact right away. However it is the longer term use of it which we feel is going to have the biggest effect.In the mean time, to kind of explain more of what I mention above, see these 2 posts...Manual Excerpts - Grammar Scriptinghttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=23965Over 5000 different speech commands...http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=23969Give it a little time, and you should get some feedback. This is just a very different type product.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Guest fsxmissionguy

Steve,Need any reviewers?

Guest byoung

I would agree, since it there has been no feedback (which isn't the norm with Flight 1's quality products), getting it in the hands of reviewers would be a good idea.Barry

Guest jshyluk

I'm a Reviewer! As a matter of fact, I'm even a Senior Reviewer, which means I get the sweet parking spot at Avsim International Headquarters Plaza. I've already got two reviews that I am writing and Christmas holidays are coming up. Real life has an ugly way of intruding on my precious flight sim hours. Anybody interested in becoming an Avsim reviewer should start by contacting Robert Whitwell, our fearless Editor. Or, if you have the product and the time in hand, you can write your own review and post it in the Readers' Reviews Forum. Remember everyone loves a Reviewer, although not everyone loves the reviews, or maybe it's the other way around. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest fsxmissionguy

Jeff ... since you're a pro, perhaps you could answer a question for me.When you decide to do a review ... do you go out and buy the software, or does the developer supply you with a "review copy" for your use in reviewing?I posted the original question of the developer about reviewing the product mainly because it seems like that product is in need of some third-party word-of-mouth advertising, if you know what I mean. I'm intrigued by the concept, but have to say that it may be so far ahead of its time that few are willing to beta test the product, so to speak.Seems like either a) nobody has it, or :( they're so busy enjoying the sim using it that they're too busy to comment.Makes me wonder what the marketing strategy is for some of the FS add-ons that the developers aren't finding some key folks active in the community and make sure those folks have a copy of the software.I gotta tell you ... word of mouth is THE BEST method of making sure your product is getting attention (especially in the sim community.)

I for one am going to be careful about buying anymore 3rd party add ons without a good trial version attached to them. I just bought airnav systems FS Live Traffic for FSX and had to buy it because the had no trail versions.These add-ons are getting too expensive to just BUY, I thought FSX Acceleration was a great buy at 29.99 but some of the add ons are way to high.Danny

Guest UlfB

>I for one am going to be careful about buying>anymore 3rd party add ons without a good trial >version attached to them. I just bought airnav >systems FS Live Traffic for FSX and had to buy >it because the had no trail versions.No problems if you buy from Flight 1. They will give you a refund if your'e not satisfied with a product. I've used this possibility once. Fligt 1 is a top notch supplier of add ons!Ulf BCore2Duo X6800, 4GB RAM, BFG 8800GTXCreative SB X-Fi (Gamer mode)Vista 32, FSX Acc/SP2

"FS Live Traffic connects to AirNav Systems server, from where it downloads flight data. Our servers receive real-time data 24x7 from the FAA. Because of this the software is sold as a subscription."That $59.95 for six months is certainly too high to me, too, for sure - but why on earth would < anyone > want to pay that??Sorry, Danny, you didn't < have > to buy it. You're trying it at that price for six months, and then you stop subscribing, that's all.At least when I pay my $20, $30 or $40 bucks for an aircraft, or whatever - I get to keep it and use it until I'm tired of it. If it was a mistake - I eat it.I pay $20 for a bottle of wine that last one evening.I pay at least $30 for a half-decent meal at a restaurant.. by pay $200 for theirs.There are folks that can afford to pay $100,000 for a darned car - and do! Nobody forces anyone to buy anything. I hate being "hard", danny, but you need to have had "the conversation" with yourself BEFORE you bought - not buying first and then venting here.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest jshyluk

Lots of things going on here...Point 1: AVSIM Reviewers all volunteer their time and energy. We are not paid for the work we do. In fact, all AVSIM workers are volunteers. Everything that you see on AVSIM has been donated, either through the efforts of the volunteers, the gracious support of sponsors, and especially the good works of our many subscribers.Reviewers do get software and hardware from vendors for "free". Often, we get to keep the stuff we review, but sometimes it's just loaned to us, which is fine. That being said, Reviewers get pretty excited about their job, and will just go out and buy stuff anyway. We want to support the developers as well! For the items that are submitted to AVSIM for review, we have a process in place that ensures a fair distribution of the products to Reviewers. You'd have to talk with Mr. Whitwell to find out more about that.Most of the stuff that I get on disc, I will end up donating to the door prize table for the AVSIM convention, so I don't keep a lot of what I review. This year, I got worked up enough about the event to paint some pretty aircraft pictures which I also donated, and which folks seemed pleased to get as prizes - that was fun, too! Point1a:) I only know two things about marketing that are for certain: A) Marketing is like a gas pedal. Once you press on it, you keep the pedal to the floor, no matter how much it costs to do that.:( If you want to sell stuff, run your ads during the noon news and the Jerry Springer show.Beyond that, I don't know much about the marketing game. Word of mouth is probably quite effective, and no doubt there's an advantage to having a product reviewed on AVSIM. But I would think that the strongest approach to marketing is the loudest: persistent ads in magazines, newspapers, radio, movie trailers, Internet pop-ups and TV all at once. If there is one thing I do like to see as a Reviewer, it is a demo that you can "try before you buy". Barring that, a no-questions-asked return policy is also a very good thing for consumers. It does involve some risk on the part of the developer that unscrupulous piratical types among their public will try to get around the copy protection. I think I understand why developers would choose not to use this approach.Point 2: MyTrafficX was one of my reviews! http://www.avsim.com/pages/0607/TrafficX/TrafficX.htmI do like the product, it's extremely easy to set up and it's frame-rate friendly, but I also found it expensive. The cost is due to the premium scheduling services they offer. After the initial purchase, you don't need to use the scheduling service, the product will work just fine without real-time schedules. It's a little trickier to get software updates, though. Their patching system is linked to their server system, so that every schedule you update may also include an incremental patch. MyTrafficX has been updated extensively, so it's very much advanced from the product that I reviewed. As for the cost, for some flight simmers money is no object. As has been pointed out in other threads, MSFS at its most expensive is still cheaper than a private pilot's license. Point 3: The most I've paid for a single dinner was $300. It was an exceptional meal, though, superior to anything I have ever had before or since. I'm not sure why we're talking about food here, but I may as well throw that in. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

PJ, You are abosolutely right, it was my call. One consolation though is that I bought it during a sale when it was half price and they canceled it for me today. I did not get a refund but I will not be charged a renewal.We live and we learn.Danny

"I get the sweet parking spot at Avsim International Headquarters Plaza"Oh, you mean the one in front of the outhouse? Sure, it's all yours. :-lol