Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Anybody try Flight 1 Cockpit Chatter?

Well that's pretty decent of them, Danny! I'm happy for you, because it doesn't always work out that way! I think that cockpit chatter might be a good addon. FS Passengers used to have environment sounds as you're starting up (FS9), and nowadays I use VoxATC to actually speak to the tower - this works well, and with CockpitChatter, I think I can visualize telling the f/o he shouldn't drink so much before a flight! Ah..yes; fond memories... :+ .. it all serves to drive up the immersion factor, doesn't it? :):-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest UlfB

Jeff,I got a little confused when you wrote about MyTrafficX. But then I realised that you was really writing about AirNav FS Live Traffic X, which shouldn't mixed up with MyTrafficX, which is a totally different product.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800, 4GB RAM, BFG 8800GTXCreative SB X-Fi (Gamer mode)Vista 32, FSX Acc/SP2

Guest DreamFleet

Just buy it and try it, you get a 30-day money back deal with it.I am long time friends with the leading man behind it, Tom Main of Flight 1, and if he is behind it you do not need to worry or hear opinions.Just buy it and try it, and make up your own mind, for if you do not like it you get your money back! Sounds like a good deal to me.I have yet to EVER recall a product that Tom Main was behind that folks did not like and buy in great numbers. ;)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest fsxmissionguy

So Lou,I assume you've bought this add-on. Can you give us a mini-review?

Guest fsxmissionguy

Since nobody else has tried this ... I'll provide my initial thoughts.The setup:I just downloaded the program, installed it

fsxmissionguy,I would fairly say that your review is pretty correct for a quick look and report.Of course it is not pure natural language... "Hey Joe, go ahead and lower the gear" would not necessarily work out of the box, unless you wanted it to in the grammer builder. Then it would work.It is a "get to know your copilot" type product. In time, you would get to know the ins and outs of things, what he/she expects, etc...Give it some time, run some checklists, create your own commands, etc.Experiment with microphone position... adjust the gain settings if needed in the control panel, etc, to get better results if obvious things are getting missed.In beta testing, Tom did a flight from Knoxville to Atlanta with maybe 150+ calls and not one was missed. I do not expect that for everyone, but in time it could get close!

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Guest Xiderpunk

Can I just comment on this also, firstly I am biased being that Flight1 is our publisher for FEX, however I DO feel quite strongly that Flight1 should be commended for bringing an entirely new aspect into the simulation market.I have been following this product idea for several months, because it strikes me as being innovative, and not at all easy to accomplish. As first and foremost a programmer; difficult problems will always attract me like a moth to a flame. From all I gather the approach is a very successful one, and some patience and dilligence will get the rewards from the software.It is always a brave step bringing something entirely new to a marketplace, rather than a tried and tested formula and for that reason alone I sincerely hope this product proves to be successful and have every belief that the concept will grow.Warm regards,Chris

Guest jshyluk

@UlfB:Nice catch! I did get the names mixed up on my traffic add-ons. Actually, instead of "nice catch," I wrote a nasty word, but that wasn't polite, and in any case, you are right. It's not the first time I've gotten those names mixed up, and it probably won't be my last until maybe the next FS comes out, or until develeopers come up with descriptive names for their products that aren't variations around the letter "X".If the add-on "FSX Essex X" comes out, though, I will be the very first to review it, and that's a promise.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest garwig2

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, I've been waiting anxiously to hear some remarks from a neutral party.>One problem with this approach is that ...your copilot

Guest fsxmissionguy

"Is it possible to customize the copilot so it doesn't respond at all to ATC selections? (Or shorten her responses?)"That part of the software bothered me a lot, so that's a good question ... and I think the answer is yes. Take a look at this control panel:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181855.jpgThis dialogue is worded rather like a computer programmer would word things (and hey, we all know they're not humans), but I'm pretty sure that the top half of this dialog allows you to edit the text that results in a command being executed (your speech), and the bottom half of this screen is where you enter the text that you want your co-pilot to use for confirming things (the copilot's speech).(Steve, correct me if I'm wrong.)I have not tried to delete all confirmation text, but I would assume if you had no confirmation text in the lower part of this box, the copilot would not respond verbally (but still take the action specificied).If you were anxiously awaiting confirmation that the software works, I think you should go ahead and get it. I think it worked reasonably well and was sufficiently editable that even where it doesn't work well, you could probably fix it.Flight 1 have a no-questions money-back guarantee that I'm sure they would honor, since if they didn't, hey, they'd get raked over the coals here and not invited any longer to play in our reindeer games.It's also a major aspect of Flight 1's marketing strategy (and a good one!) I note Abacus also has this policy, but some companies do not. I personally don't buy from companies unwilling to back up their promises with deeds, so I commend the guys over at Flight 1 for their commitment to customer satisfaction.Cheers,Kevin(By the way, I hope it goes without saying that I'm not affiliated with Flight One in any way shape or form.)

Guest Shalomar

Two questions: Will it work while sharing a cockpit with a human and what about the frame rate impact?Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.