Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

What controls ground friction

Flying the default 737: what controls the friction on the ground. Seems like I have to give almost full throttle to get it moving and then, when I throttle back or turn, the plane wants to come to a full stop. I have a pretty good null area in the braking sensitivity selection so I think there may be a setting to control the friction on the ground.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Guest jetBlue_83

There was a download available for FS9 that could do this, though i haven't been able to find it for quite some time now. On the other hand, on a recent trip to Brazil, I did notice that, at least from what I heard, that it took quite a bit of throttle to get a 737-800 moving from a standstill...and the plane wasn't even fully loaded.

It's a small file known as 'sim1.dll'.Private mail me and I will send you the altered version.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest bigean

I know a little about the real 737-300,-500:They usually break off at idle. Only if they are loaded a lot and stop more than 1-2 minutes, the wheels are a bit flattened and it takes a very small and short amount of thrust like 40% to break off.Once they roll, they taxi normal at idle, that should be at least 15KT.Any MSFS 737 (default, freeware or payware) was able to do that. I was always annoyed from this. I would encourage ACES to make this configurable at least for addon developers so they can make that more realistic.Bigean

>It's a small file known as 'sim1.dll'.>>Private mail me and I will send you the altered version.Do you have one for FSX or is the same one we used in FS9?I know the Baron requires a lot more power to taxi then it should. Something needs to be done, I'm using too much fuel to get to the runway.:-lol

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

>>It's a small file known as 'sim1.dll'.>>>>Private mail me and I will send you the altered version.>>Do you have one for FSX or is the same one we used in FS9?>>I know the Baron requires a lot more power to taxi then it>should. Something needs to be done, I'm using too much fuel to>get to the runway.:-lol No, it's only for FS9.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>No, it's only for FS9.This is the FSX forum, I assume he's using FSX. I'd guess using sim1.dll for FS9 in FSX might not work.. :) I haven't even looked to see if FSX *has* a sim1.dll in it. It may use something else.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes Rhett, your correct. it was a 'senior moment' ;-) but I do find some are only using this forum for everything again and was just trying to help:-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thats ok Dave, I didn't mean anything by it. It's kind of funny, as I don't even know if FSX even has a sim1.dll. RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Rhett, I just checked and it does have one. But its not in the 'Modules' folder. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png