Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nils79

New FSX Install on Vista and No ATC Sound???? HELP!!!!!

Guest diajohn2

Unplug your microphone and reboot. That could be the problem.

The mic isn't even connected.... The problem exists both in and out of the multiplayer arena...Are using home premium or ultimate?

Scott Falkowitz

Core I7 965 - OCZ 6GB - Asus Rampage Extreme - 1000W - BFG 285 - Radiated Liquid Cooled - Twin 300 Raptors - Vista 64

Guest diajohn2

Ultimate although Vista is Vista. Its not a Vista issue, I don't believe. There is something peculiar about your setup that is causing the problem. 1. You hear all other FSX sounds.2. You have the ATC text display.3. You reinstalled FSX so likely have the files you need.4. Did you use the same FSX.cfg file. You may want to look at it for a clue. Sound is the first entry.

Guest RonB49

I think John is on to something here. Rename your FSX.cfg file then start FSX and see if you have voices. When you close FSX, you'll have a new config file. If your problem is solved keep it, else retrieve your old one change its name back to FSX.cfg.R-

What do you think could have caused this? Why wouldn't it have been corrected once FSX was uninstalled and reinstalled?1- By renaming the .CFG file, are we saying that it preserves it and allows a new file to be automatically created instead of overwriting it?2- Is this the .CFG file that is located under application data/FSX.... and not in the main program files/microsoft flight simulator directory?Scott

Scott Falkowitz

Core I7 965 - OCZ 6GB - Asus Rampage Extreme - 1000W - BFG 285 - Radiated Liquid Cooled - Twin 300 Raptors - Vista 64

Guest diajohn2

Under users, your profile name,, app data roaming, Microsoft, FSXWhen you uninstall FSX, it doesn't get all of the files including the .cfg file.You don't really need to keep the old one unless you have made a lot of changes. Deleting it will cause FSX to create a new one where you can setup FSX as you like anyway.

Guest srathe

ATC, Multiplayer voice, and ATIS are all controlled by the same setting, and it is different from the setting for all of the other sounds.Please open FSX, choose "settings" in the left hand column, and then choose the "sound" button under "other settings" in the right hand column.You should see a section called "Windows Sound Devices" with two drop down boxes, "Sounds" and "Voice"In the drop down box, you should be able to select which speakers play those sounds. Do both your "sounds" and "voice" have the same words inside? For example, "Realtek Digital Output" or whatever the name of your onboard sound card is? If they don't, that's probably your problem. Make sure that the "voice" drop down box is set to exactly the same thing as the "sounds" drop down box. It would be helpful to know exactly what it says in both of those boxes, too. I haven't been able to figure out your answer to that question when other people have asked you earlier in the thread.Hope this helps.Jesse

Well, I checked all of the codecs for the sound and voice and they were in place. I tried to switch the speaker setup from 5.1 to just 2 speakers and it worked? I have no idea why, but it works.I'm using the altec lansing surround sound with the subwoofer. I have not yet tried the quadraphonic setting. Why does it only work with the 2 speaker set up and what does that have to do with the voice. When I had 5.1 enabled, all speakers were working as necessary?

Scott Falkowitz

Guest Nils79

Perhaps you should swap center and sub.

I don' t really understand.... what would that do? Do you think it would work on quadraphonic?

Scott Falkowitz

Guest Nils79

I thought, you have a 5.1 system.5.1=2 front speakers, 1 center, 1 subwoofer and 2 rear speaker.If you select 5.1, voices should be played by the center speaker.If you don't hear the voices, then perhaps you have connected the center to the sub and the sub to the center. But that depends on your speaker system. You should test your 5.1 speaker setup with the software of your onboard sound. I think there should be also an option, to swap center and sub by the software.If you have a 5.1 speaker system, you should select 5.1 in the onboard sound software and also check the audio settings in the vista control panel. If you have a DVD with 5.1 audio, you can easily test your setup and if that works, there should be no problems with FSX.