Sign in to follow this  
SusGofres

Version of Windows 10

Posted (edited)

Honestly, I haven't played fsx in a long time, specifically since It started crashing due to the compatibility of Windows 10 with the game.

I tried to fix it, such as reinstalling the .dll that supposedly caused the problem (although with the steam edition nothing bad should happen), installing windows 7 on another computer but it was too weak, or even installing it inside my computer as dual boot, but my computer apparently is too new for windows 7. Nothing I have tried to do has worked, and I would like to know if there is a specific version (22Hsomething) in which these crashes do not occur.

If someone asks what type of crash it is: it is when you change the view a lot or sometimes it closes by itself. Maybe someone knows about it.

Greetings.

Edited by SusGofres

Main computer: Biostar A520M; AMD Ryzen 5 5500; 16GB DDR4 Predator Apolo 3600MHz; ZOTAC GAMING RTX 4060; 1TB SSD M,2 KINGSTON; NFORTEC 750W; Windows 11; PCVIP 27'' 165Hz curved monitor.

Simulators installed: P3D V5 (Main); X-Plane 11.  Pending to buy MSFS.

Peripherals: Im proud to say that I use a xbox controller to fly (and mouse {HyperX Pulsefire Haste} + keyboard {Logitech TKL G413})

My Windows 10 (home 64-bit) is up to date and no issues at all with FSX: Steam Edition.

When you are using FSX, do you have any other programs running, such as a web browser?  I have read that web browsers running simultaneously with FSX can cause issues.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

15 hours ago, stans said:

My Windows 10 (home 64-bit) is up to date and no issues at all with FSX: Steam Edition.

When you are using FSX, do you have any other programs running, such as a web browser?  I have read that web browsers running simultaneously with FSX can cause issues.

Normally I have the browser with a checklist and with simbrief, but I can solve that using pdf reader or something like that. Other programs that I normally have open are discord, spotify, intel driver assistant and other things in the background.

Main computer: Biostar A520M; AMD Ryzen 5 5500; 16GB DDR4 Predator Apolo 3600MHz; ZOTAC GAMING RTX 4060; 1TB SSD M,2 KINGSTON; NFORTEC 750W; Windows 11; PCVIP 27'' 165Hz curved monitor.

Peripherals: Im proud to say that I use a xbox controller to fly (and mouse {HyperX Pulsefire Haste} + keyboard {Logitech TKL G413})

I'd recommend closing all those background programs, then see if FSX stops crashing.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

In my case, using Windows 11, I had repeated crashes until I discovered that Microsoft Edge leaves multiple copies running in the backgroound.

Now before I run FSX, I run Task Manager and close Microsoft Edge's background copies.  Now I have no more crashes.

• Like 1

I haven't had time to test it, but as I understand it, fsx becomes unstable when there are applications in the background.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, this afternoon I did a test flight, LEZL - LEMD, everything was going perfectly until I started to change some settings (I didn't have the fps set to 30 for example) and when I opened the map to get the ILS information, the game It froze, the little blue wheel appeared on the mouse and then it just closed.

I'm starting to think it's something compatible with my Windows, something corrupt.

Edited by SusGofres

Following a complete computer shut down, you might try turning your computer back on and run nothing. Then, run FSX.

If I recall correctly, the flight plan map in FSX is a big memory hog.  FSX is a 32-bit program, so it will address a maximum of 4 GB of RAM.  The boxed versions of FSX were poor at memory management, FSX: Steam Edition is far better at managing its limited memory availability.  I always plan my flights, which includes writing out radio, nav, and ILS frequencies that I will need so that I do not have to open the map page inflight.

I did it, I finished a flight without the game crashing. I have restarted the computer as mentioned before and I closed some applications that open at start. I have even entered the map several times and there were no problems either. But my question is, if I have an application like pro atc x, the game also crashes?

Posted (edited)

As a final answer to this question.

After testing that, indeed, restarting the computer without any application in the background, the game does not crash, today I decided to try, have discord open and set the fsx priority in "real time" from the task manager. It doesn't crash, so that's my easy solution to the problem.

Edited by SusGofres
  • Like 1

Glad you got the issue sorted out.

• Like 1