Sign in to follow this  
Snowfalcon

ATR/LDS/PMDG compatible SP2/DX10?

Guest Collezio

Hi All,I want know if the ATR F1, 767LDS and PMDG747X are compatible with DX10/SP2 and Vista.I use only Vista and DX10 ;)Many thanks

Guest Collezio

Ok, but none of user forums use these add-ons with Vista and DX10?

Collezio,Your statement - "I want know if the ATR F1, 767LDS and PMDG747X are compatible with DX10/SP2 and Vista. I use only Vista and DX10." - has a few elements that are problematic.First, SP2 has not been released yet. What we have now is RTM, SP1, and Acceleration. Acceleration and SP2 are not the same.Second, if you use Vista you use DX10 since that is the native graphics component of Vista.So, your question about the products compatible with FSX needs more explanation. The DX10 component of FSX is not complete. Acceleration has a preview mode but this is not the final product.I have all three of the products you mentioned above and they all work with FSX Acceleration. When SP2 comes out I'm sure these aircraft will work with it since all of the pieces for SP2 are in Acceleration. (SP2 is for people who do not want to buy Acceleration) Right now I'm not using the DX10 Preview Mode in FSX so I can't tell you if that works or not. The aircraft you mentioned do work with FSX Acceleration.fb

>Your statement - "I want know if the ATR F1, 767LDS and PMDG747X are compatible with DX10/SP2 and Vista. I use only Vista and DX10." - has a few elements that are problematic.Actually your message has a couple of elements that are problematic. :-)>First, SP2 has not been released yet. What we have now is RTM, SP1, and Acceleration. Acceleration and SP2 are not the same.Yes SP2 has been released. It came with Acceleration and was automatically installed when you installed Acceleration. The stand alone download version of SP2 hasn't been released.>The DX10 component of FSX is not complete. Acceleration has a preview mode but this is not the final product.I think you are misunderstanding what preview mode is. It is the DX10 upgrade for FSX and it is the final product.Todd

>I think you are misunderstanding what preview mode is. It is>the DX10 upgrade for FSX and it is the final product.It is DX10 Preview for FSX. It is not a fully functional 100% working implementation of DX10 for FSX hence Microsoft's term DX10 Preview. Unfortunately, it is the final product for what was supposed to be the DX10 flagship.

Guest Collezio

Ok, all true ... ;) But then are not yet compatible .. Wait the Sp2 free as SH will leave the update ;)

Our 747X works in DX10 preview mode...If you are using Vista btw, you are not by definition using DX10 - it contains something called DX9-L, which is a backwards compatibility runtime for DX9 games. The game must be coded for DX10 and you must have a DX10 card before you can actually use it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The LDS does work with acceleration and DX-10 preview checked.Further he has Vista which has DX-10 AND the DX-9L coded in. His vid card is DX-10 compliant so he is DX-10 ready

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB