Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Please Help Me with My Blurry Problem!

P.S.I was intrigued by your scenario as I never fly the 737 so I just ran the default 737 for 10 minutes out of my home airport at 1500 feet agl. This is what I saw after 10 minutes (and the whole time) -with active sky, doing a real weather download,gex,fex,utx also running.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181839.jpg

LOL - I guess I should have pointed out I'm not talking about slewing, but when your on the deck in the F18 etc ... What do they call it "Blurries No. 3" I believe. ;)Regards'Garett

>TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 (400 is what's recommended, I have>heard of people using settings as high as 4000)>Phil has said setting this at 400 or higher is probably not a good idea._____________The mysterious sounding TEXTURE_BANDWITH_MULT is our first target. This is a setting in the [DISPLAY] section of the file, formatted like this: [DISPLAY] TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=n Where n can range from 10 to some reasonable value that is related to your frame rate limit. From Rafael Cintron, part of the FS Graphics and Terrain team, comes this description:

Just tried your scenerio too.Maybe could be called momentarily blurries but cleared up pronto.I assume you know Cclink was an amazing opera singer....By the way appreciate greatly all your contributions to our hobby...Imho-all the "tweaks" and snake oil I have decided-Dr. Phil /Oprah and some type of 60's feel good remidy....I haven't applied any "tweaks" except turning off autogen houses which I find ruin the reality..great results otherwise...http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181842.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181843.jpg

>{BufferPools}>PoolSize=110000000 (yes, 110000000. It translates into you>using 110MB of your video card's memory as a kind of "scenery>RAM" as I understand it. If you go too high, you can get wierd>side effects like the wheels coming out of the top of the>plane etc.)>I was able to go as high as 40000000 on my system. 50000000 and up caused the weirdness you describe, and that's on a 768MB card. http://sio.midco.net/FTP4/sideeffect.jpgHere's Phils blurb on BufferPools....___________________The pedestrian sounding BUFFERPOOLS is a section of its own in the fsx.cfg file. There is a setting in there called Poolsize, as in [bUFFERPOOLS] Poolsize=n Where n is the amount of bytes we will allocate for one pool of vertex and index buffers to store geometry. Again from Raf:

Actually its cklink, which is short for Colonel Klink ... He usually yelled more than he sang ;)I'm glad you don't have them, it makes the sim so much more enjoyable. I feel for those that do have them, whether its type 1,2 or 3. Either way they do exist ... I don't get them unless (knocking on wood) I'm in Tokyo or New York with bloom on - which kills just just about anything anyways LOL. As some of my old posts mentioned, I think it has more to do with the LOD rings and mips, and thats what I think the OP is refering to - hense my recomendation. While on Flat terrain it isn't as noticable, but the mountains are a different story as the textures are perpendicular (almost) to you so you notice the lod drop alot more than flat ground 7 miles out covered with trees and autogen.As said, I'd like to see the new engine being a complete rewrite grapically. No poping autogen, bring back alpha fade, windshield effects, adjustable lod radius's for near, medium and far distances, oops - this isn't the FS11 wish list topic.Regards'Garett

Lock your FPS at 30, set TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40, enable anisotropic filtering within FSX, force 16x high quality AF without filter optimization (if your system can take it) in the control panel and don't zoom in so much... :-)It doesn't get better than that.Heiko

Guest RET_1935

All right! Sorry I did not reply sooner. I am in the Army out freezing my *ss in the field, I Don't want you to think I was some spoiled rich kid or ignoring everyones effort to help.Thanks for the many replys!I guess I did not post a very good screen shot or explanation. My view from the cockpit is blurry for 90% of all flights the graphics become clear and enjoyable but not until they are already out of sight under the nose of my plane. It does not matter if I am in the F-18 or a Cub. When banking I can look out the side window in the VC and the ground is clear but only for a short range then blurry again.I'll try to post a couple better shots ASAP. I went to my .cfg file which I have never messed with and did not find anything you guys were talking about except texture bandwith which I set to 400. No bufferpools etc. Heres another screenshot I'll poast a better one tonight and a copy of my .cfg2007-12-10_11-44-40-832.jpgHere you can see that the ground does not become clear until it has already slipped under my aircraft, you can imagine what I see out of the VC.2007-12-10_19-14-16-360.jpgThis is probably not the best pic but it is something to studyGeofa you have some great shots and my machine should run the sim as well as yours but and I dont get near the level of detail you are. Can you give me your Nvidia settings and what drivers you are running?The rest of this post is just my .cfg file Thanks So Much,Robert[sOUND]AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000SOUND=1SOUND_QUALITY=2SOUND_LOD=0UISound=1AmbientUI=0SOUND_FADER1=0.500000SOUND_FADER2=0.500000SOUND_FADER3=0.500000SOUND_FADER4=0.500000AmbientUIMusic=FSX01PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}[Display]ChangeTime=4.000000TransitionTime=4.000000ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoOverspeedEnable=TrueBLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=False[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMiscHideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1ProcSpeed=7530PerfBucket=7Maximized=1Location=480,177,1520,953,.DISPLAY1[PANELS]IMAGE_QUALITY=1QUICKTIPS=0PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_STRETCHING=1UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0DEFAULT_VIEW=1[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MinVarTime=5MaxVarTime=50MinVarRampSpeed=10MaxVarRampSpeed=75TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1DynamicWeather=2DownloadWindsAloft=1DisableTurbulence=0CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=5DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8THERMAL_VISUALS=0[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX.0]Mode=1920x1200x32Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[TextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2GForce=1,3FuelPercentage=1,4[TextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2GForce=2,3FuelPercentage=2,4[slewTextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[slewTextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=1TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672D3D10=0[uSERINTERFACE]PageID=1SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SITUATION=FLIGHTSOTHERFLTSIMMap_Orientation=0ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1SelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=AllSelectAircraftType=AllOpenATCOnCreate=0DisplayFuelAsWeight=1[ATC]ShowATCText=1COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BCOMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1UsePilotVoice=1PilotVoice=0[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[sCENERY]LENSFLARE=1DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=0GADensity=0FreewayDensity=20ShipsAndFerriesDensity=12LeisureBoatsDensity=12IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=68MESH_RESOLUTION=22TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=26AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=4[AContain]ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=0ShowLabelModel=0ShowLabelTailNumber=1ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelHeading=0LabelDelay=3000LabelColor=FF650000[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=1MEASURE=0[REALISM]PFactor=1.000000Torque=1.000000GyroEffect=1.000000CrashTolerance=1.000000General=1.000000UnlimitedFuel=FalseTrueAirspeed=FalseAutoCoord=FalseRealMixture=TrueStressDamage=TrueGEffect=TrueManualLights=TrueGyroDrift=FalseCrashWithDyn=TrueCrashDetection=TrueAutoTrim=FalseAllowEngineDamage=True[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[sTARTUP]DEMO=0SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=LoadWindow=1[FACILITIES]COUNTRY=STATE=CITY=GTL_BUTTON=1817[Misc]Com_Rate=7[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1[Trusted]C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESBell_206B.DLL.wtwuhwnnitwnqricilikirloaahwkclhuakeiiza=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESBendix_King_Radio.DLL.tnzzztwiliatwtrolqewwihakbhbtrubhtlokiwt=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESMagnetic_Compass.DLL.crqaoltwutarwqhraqohqerhnitowetlqulotewz=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESCessna.DLL.tziehrkonkqulhlwatwzeqhookeoileilihkqqto=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESCessna172.DLL.ttqqhtzzbcnehwrrarkctuncecaazwbhnkurnzqo=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESCessna182s.DLL.auhoanluoutuezbaeounonanlcobwewelaaaahwz=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESCessnaWAlpha.DLL.lohnoibhkeehazwuktiakzbbhacrlhkcqnwahbtt=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGES737-400.DLL.zalkkhlnrotioebqkrukhccolbatbachwlotwquo=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModulesFSCopilot.dll.lkwlltwoeebwzkowctzrwrohzkwauzicuckwbtuu=1C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModulesFSCopilot.dll.ekiralcorqittrwaczhzwcruoeuklihbizbuhzia=1C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESfa-18.DLL.tahblrekltznibztcihhzlhtnnkcwbtkwtwlkwwt=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESCessna.DLL.kahtazuhutrcklennoakolulnecwlbcwhioebtku=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESCessna172.DLL.zqnzncrunhbbcaooqnenltwkwarqnzkenqohqtao=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESCessna182s.DLL.qzqiochewkbnennwhqkziqkokuanukhlqcibuanb=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESCessnaWAlpha.DLL.cwktutzinuwbncrttklwqiqbnrztiknqohtolnzl=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESBendix_King_Radio.DLL.cotzlinrqkkqrclcbbqkbrrwncnbkquazoqiiwql=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESBell_206B.DLL.lkriikuwcohulkqqqhnzqbnoczwtaueqeiorqwzc=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESKingAir.DLL.booiwzcuoboeetuowawrrznletthzuthbwaiqnrw=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESKingAir_Radio.DLL.eirknkqozlqruwbellbzqaqnuzqbnhclikolucen=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESMagnetic_Compass.DLL.utwnhaaurkhktruihuwqothiokuzhorhzkqalllt=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESEH101.DLL.ltecaekhqllbhhetktwbakntrabqbbebihtbaqac=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESXGauge.DLL.hczluockeezerbhnihqtzwioiqltbbakhnuiuhri=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGES737-400.DLL.zlbaawehubkquoiiztzzzlakktqrblikhqhtouot=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESDash-8_radio2.DLL.woklwqiircuehzerqbctwqktnrltwckwzboecebw=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESDavtron_.GAU.uizrnnutnbiowehotorwleeukwwbuuoqrnwitzla=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGEScad_kln90brored.GAU.rriqrwaziubbhcaiuleblhzwzhnilkhihakkqait=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESRCB_Groundhandling5_Sound.DLL.llhciebbknonhanaiouqruwieauanoqenbihqbrn=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESDash-8_radio1.DLL.zzzkqhoorrtizktrwuorlteotrbbcbqrqonelwaa=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESRKG_fuelstat.GAU.wwickuleqceeqlwrzulcaznknhtnunhaztaickzu=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGEScad_kln901brored.GAU.rriqrwaziubbhcaiuleblhzwzhnilkhihakkqait=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGEScad_kln902brored.GAU.rriqrwaziubbhcaiuleblhzwzhnilkhihakkqait=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesWWC L188panelF16.GAU.zznuwbcllbeaetaouctawalqrkuttrhooheqiewl=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesWWC L188panell-188.GAU.wbeehccintczbelllanuazzqnlqbttotqulrrqik=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESMooney_Bravo.DLL.rukabwohuiawnanworwzlwtnzooubbrkqcutbkkw=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESBoeingGeneric.DLL.llhiutbcnhthlccaqlwlaqztztlehweutorrqqci=2C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESSuper80.GAU.cwcuurhahrcczwchitnthublwauokwitcinhoecn=2[FlightPlanMap]LineWidth=2SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_VICTOR=1SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1show_waypoints=1show_airways=1show_markers=0show_volume_boundaries=1show_ac_twr=1[MAPVIEW_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1show_flight_history=1[AccelerationPack]ControlsFirstRun=0HomePageFirstRun=0[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX.0.0]Mode=1920x1200x32Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0

Guest SuperFortress

I've been following this thread with great curiosity. Many of the screens I saw posted reminded me of my situation. I always came to the conclusion that I too had the blurries. Now I am not so sure. Would anyone be kind enough to actually post a screen which clearly demonstrates a good example of the blurries? Now I wonder if all my tweaking was really for nothing cause I've been fighting what I thought were blurries ever since SP1. Thank you.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but in this case, words may work better.The LOD radius parameter in FSX.cfg determines how many tiles out the highest mip level is displayed. 4.5 is the highest setting you can set via the FSX settings panel. As a test, you can try 5.5 by editing the cfg file, but this will get changed back to 4.5 by FSX if you change anything in Settings.So, the very highest detail (highest MIP level - see above to the post with pictures of MIP) can only be seen in a rather small radius around the aircraft, by design. If you look out the front, you can clearly see where it ends, rather close in, I might add.As you fly, this radius moves with you. "Blurries" as most folks seem to experience at one time or another, occur when the highest detail circle fails to keep up with the aircraft, and lower MIP tiles fail to update to the higher MIP when they should. This mostly happens when you fly very fast, or if the computer gets bogged down with scenery detail and cannot keep up with the scenery rendering. One way of experiencing this, is to slew across high detail scenery until the scenery updates fail to respond. If you pause the computer, it will gradually catch up, but this can take a long time, sometimes minutes.Anisotropic filtering, in turn, improves the perception of lower MIP tiles further out and prevents the distant scenery from turning into a murky soup.The only reliable cure for the blurries as described above, seems to be a faster computer. That certainly has been my personal experience, as well as many others' as evidenced in this forum.

Bert

>Sorry. Even with the best machine as of December 11, 2007,>blurries are still present in FSX when flying a 737 after 10>minutes or slewing.>Slewing?? Well sure of course you're going to get blurries when slewing, that goes without saying.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB