Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Benifits of using ASX in networked mode?

Paladin - when you follow step by step the excellent ASX network guide and it still doesn't work, it's probably a security issue. I had some trouble too, but after adding NETWORK as a new network user with full permission, it worked flawless. The SDK 'traffic.exe' (mentioned in the guide)is very useful for testing SimConnect.Heiko

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

WellI just added 7-8 Frames by doing the following:OC FSB from 1066 to 1140Mhz OC Mem From 800 to 940MhzOC PCI-e from 1600 to 3100MhzIts amazing this "small" amount of OC made such a difference.I have never done overclocking fo i just made these changes. I think if i went higher I could get better but I am sorta noobie about it. Dont know what voltages to change and such. My Crucial Balistix ram is suppose to be 1066mhz but it will only go to 940 the the bios beeps on restart....

Hello, there, I haven't been around much lately, but happened to come across your post. Word of advice, please be extremely careful over clocking if you are new at it. I would stongly recommend reading through forums to be sure you know what you are doing. If not careful, you'll over heat and possibly fry your system. That would be a horrible thing. I am not sure, but there is most likely posts on the hardware forum, that you could check and post questions. I wish you the best. Have a great night everyone. :)

>OC PCI-e from 1600 to 3100MhzSorry for the OT, can anyone comment on the above line pls?

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Hey Jeff,Thanks for the Heads Up. I am using one of the fans that I saw in TomsHardware.com that had a real good rating. I cant remember the name off the top of myy head. When running Intel Temp Program (TAT) @ %100 the Highest temp i get is 44-45c with these OC settings.UPDATE: I found the fan, it is this one.http://www.infoteldistributors.com/applica...5&Sku=T925-1199

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

>>OC PCI-e from 1600 to 3100Mhz>>Sorry for the OT, can anyone comment on the above line pls?>Comment on? How do you mean?In the BIOS you can go to PCIe and change the speed.

>>>OC PCI-e from 1600 to 3100Mhz>Comment on? How do you mean?>>In the BIOS you can go to PCIe and change the speed.Is it that dramatic? From 1600 to 3100Mhz?Thx.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

YupWith the FT 737PIC @ DFW I 1as getting 11-12 FPS.after reading nvidia overclocking manual (pdf) then changing those three things in the bios I went right back in to FSX and loaded the same flight and tada.... 17-18fpsI was quite amazed to be honest.

Thanks, Grape. I've got a decent Core2 6800 Extreme processor and 2GB of 6400 RAM, but the mobo P5W DH DLX is somewhat limiting in O/Clocking. I'm thinking to upgrade my mobo particularly for the better o/c ratio. The best I can get with this mobo is @3.2Ghz, the default is @2.93Ghz. Your mobo seems to do a very good job, could you pls point me to the O/C tutorial?Thanks,Dirk.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

>Hi,>>I'll answer here!>>1. You gain a screen to watch the map and so on.>2. You do gain some memory and resources on the main FSX>machine and we know that FSX needs all of those you can give>it.Well, JimI took some time after Church today and setup the simconnect network mode for ASX. I can only say one thingCOOL! :-coolLook forward to HiFi's Flight Planner/moveing map & Passenger Program