Sign in to follow this  
Guest prdant

Keystrokes

Guest prdant

Anyone having any luck using e+1 and so forth the start the engines one at a time. CTRL+E work just fine, but the E+1 use is listed as an option.

You press E + 1 to change focus to engine 1. Then you can start engine 1. E + 2 for engine 2 and so on.So, if your press E + 1 to change focus to engine one. Then press CTRL + E engine one will start.

Guest prdant

I have done that, are you saying that you push E+1 and then CTRL+E or should engine 1 start just by pushing E+1. I am starting with a cold and dark cockpit. No engines or Electrical Power.

>I have done that, are you saying that you push E+1 and then>CTRL+E or should engine 1 start just by pushing E+1. I am>starting with a cold and dark cockpit. No engines or>Electrical Power.Press E+1 then Ctrl+E to start engine 1.If you are cold and dark and this is an addon aircraft things may be much different.

Guest prdant

Thanks, it is cold and dark by a cfg change, but is the stock FSX 737. I will try this in a bit when I get home.

Guest RonB49

I believe that the way it's been stated here (E+1, then Ctrl+E) is confusing.You should press the E key then release it. Then quickly press and release the 1 key. That selects engine 1. Then I assume from this thread that Ctrl+E (pressing the Ctrl key and E key simultaneously) will start engine 1.To me "E+1" implies pressing the E key and the 1 key at the same time and that is not correct.As an aside, be aware that if you start your 737 using this sequence:o E, 1 (select engine 1),o Ctrl+E (start engine 1),o E, 2 (select engine 2),o Ctrl+E (start engine 2),then when you finish only engine 2 will be selected and only throttle 2 will be active. Press E, 1, 2 in rapid succession to reselect both engines and both throttles.R-

Guest prdant

Thanks, as if I don't need more confussion. I will try the sequence as you described. About the engines can I open the overhead panel and flip the switc to both?