Sign in to follow this  
Manny

What mesh and texture resolution does France VFR use?

I've been looking at these packs in the pilotshop, and there is no mention of the resolutions. Does anybody know?Also how are these packs in FSX? Looks like they are only PATCHED to work in FSX. I would want to get the base pack as well as the autogen pack, but from the screenshots it seems to be low resolution, as it looks no where near as good as megascenery. Thanks.

Oh boy.,.I just typed a detailed explanation and I deleted it by mistake. Sheesh!Ok..let me summarize it to the bottom line.Get their VFR Northern Alps Base pack. It comes with a decent set of autogens. Resolution wise its almost as good as the Megascenery. Their Northern alps and southern Alps are really good. Their French Riviera is low resolution. Color wise, their Alps is better than Mega scenery So cal which IMO looks bleached out. The only reason I got their French Riviera is it gives me continuity all the way to Aerosoft's Monaco.Along with the Northern Alps base back.. get the LLH's Courchevel Airport scenery. http://www.llhinfo.com/LLH5_en.htmlThis is a little pricey...But I have not had so much fun in simming. Its one amazing airport to land and takeoff. The fun factor landing here beats anything I have seen in FSX. I land the Captain Sim C-130 in this airport... I get a heart attack at every landing. (Yeah..I have ported it over and used gauges from other aircrafts)I can't wait for the Swiss photoscenery, Germany VFR(South) and Austria Photoscenery and all the addon airports like Geneva airport etc. These are all around the corner. Then I can fly without seeing default scenery all the way from Northern England via Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, French Alps to Monaco. I am tending to fly more and more in Europe than the US in FSX for lack of awesome addons like these for US.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hey good recommendations here! The Alps are the packs I am looking at too, so I think I will have to aquire them now. lol The Apls are one of the coolest places I have found in flight sim, so adding photoscenery should be awesome, though I have mainly been flying the swiss alps out of lsgk. What is the upcomming Swiss scenery you mention?

I have Martinique, Guadeloupe and Reunion all for FSX by France VFR. I like them all a lot. They work really well. I now have a great corridor in the Caribbean to explore, one of the best places to fly in FSX. You can go back and forth between Imaginesim's San Juan to Fly Tampa's St. Maarten to France vfr's Martinique and Guadeloupe and back. Nice stuff, try it.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I think. I am talking about the one that you may already been using from Flylogichttp://www.flylogicsoftware.com/site/frameset_en.htmSwitzerland Professional FSX for Microsoft Flightsimulator FSX and FS2004 Release: end of the yearBTW.. How good is this in FSX? What is the texture resolution? I know this is also primarily a FS9 product and they made it work for FSX. Is this a redone product for FSX with better resolution or is this the FS9 thats just redirected to work in FSX? Its $175 US + Postage. So if its a FS9 low resolution texture just made to work in FSX.. there is no way..I am going to get this one.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter