Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Which programmer is guilty of this?

I am in FSX and happly flying away and then bang..suddenly I get a Pop up"Failed to read from file"Thats it!Now, Who could put out an error message such as this without any other information. I have no idea if this is even FSX error message. Its most likely from an addon that I have. I really would like to know the add on vendor who would fess up to this.Its really annoying.If I move this pop up aside, I can continue flying (I need to test this further)..but if I click on the pop up, it kills FSX.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It sounds like an error generated by the Windows system - though it may be displayed by FSX.It's a generic message when a specific error code is not created which can pin down the issue more closely.The program calls a file and cannot read the file for some reasonsIt may be corrupt, it may be a zero byte file, it may not exist, it may be a physical disk error, there are so many possible causes.Only FileMon can be used to track down such an error - because FS needs to read literally hundreds in some cases thousands of files at a time to make the scope of the world work.Closing the application indicates to me that it is flagged as a critical file.

>Its really annoying.>>If I move this pop up aside, I can continue flying (I need to>test this further)..but if I click on the pop up, it kills>FSX.>>MannyManny running Vista ? it's bit tricking to pinpoint errors with FSX on Vista most of the time the eventlog will point to a dll which wasn't the event that caused the issue....Maybe a read / write permission issue on Vista?http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

>I am in FSX and happly flying away and then bang..suddenly I>get a Pop up>>"Failed to read from file">>Thats it!>>Now, Who could put out an error message such as this without>any other information. I have no idea if this is even FSX>error message. Its most likely from an addon that I have. >>I really would like to know the add on vendor who would fess>up to this.>>Its really annoying.>>If I move this pop up aside, I can continue flying (I need to>test this further)..but if I click on the pop up, it kills>FSX.>>MannyYeah, the file name would help. lolAre you using an add-on aircraft or some custom gauge?

Thanks Guys!.I am in XP not Vista.I suspect, it started happening the last week or so..where I installed some new software. the 3D Lights from Shockwave, the Activesky updates, Aerosoft's Venice etc. I tried resetting/rollback my PC to two weeks ago and flew for a couple of days without this err or (This is not a thorough test ocourse...so). and then I reinstalled these addons/updates again. So not sure. I may have to restore and then install each one and test them out individually to figure out.Hmmm.....Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter