Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

More Carenado Problems

>I recently purchased their v-tail Bonanza for FSX. The>install went perfectly and all seemed well. The aircraft>looks great from the outside. However, there is a huge>transparent hole in the instrument panel. You can see the>ground through this "hole.">>I attempted to contact Carenado on two occasions but have had>no reply. Are these guys still in business and if so, does>anyone know how to get their attention.>>fbThey have never responded to any of my emails either.Which panel, 2D or VC, is showing the hole/ground?It work ok for me, however I don't use Acceleration/SP2.

It's the VC panel. I'm using Acceleration without DX10 preview.fb

I just installed the Piper Dakota (using the carenado patch) and have the same problem with VC. I also use the Cessna Skylane 182 but I think that plane is ok. Carl Acceleration and SP2 DX9

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

>It's the VC panel. I'm using Acceleration without DX10>preview.>>fbCould you post a screenie of the problem?

The Long Island Classic Eagle had much the same problem in FSXA. But a good fellow named Chris Brisland changed the gauge textures and now things work well. Maybe this is a workaround solution? Details are in his recently uploaded fix, here at Avsim.

I think I found a solution.In the 'panel.cfg' file see the below information ---//--------------------------------------------------------(square bracket) Vcockpit01 (square bracket)Background_color=0,0,0size_mm=1024,1024visible=0pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$PanvcoffPut two slashes in front of the 'texture=$Panvcoff' line in 'Vcockpit01'.Changing 'texture=$Panvcoff' to '//texture=$Panvcoff'.BACKUP THE FILE BEFORE FUTZ'N WITH IT!

I use the FS9 version converted over to FSX.Did you guys buy the newer version for FSX from Flight1?If so, does the VC lighting work better?

The workaround posted here solves some of the problem. However, there is still a "graphics hole" around the compass and a guage on the left of the panel. In addition, I can't believe the panel is supposed to look like that. Something is still very wrong with this panel.fb

>The workaround posted here solves some of the problem. >However, there is still a "graphics hole" around the compass>and a guage on the left of the panel. In addition, I can't>believe the panel is supposed to look like that. Something is>still very wrong with this panel.>>fbPlease attach a screenie.

McCrash, my V-tail was most certainly the FSX version purchased from Flight1 because I bought it very recently and my panel looks just like the examples shown here. I'm hoping the suggested edit fixes it even if it's just 99% fixed. I sent Carenado an email a while back asking them about my similar but "chrome" VC panel problem with the 210 and here's the reply I got.QUOTE "Sorry but Microsoft don't ask to the 3d parts developers what to do...Really ...ever they complicate the situation ...not shure if this plane has some future in FSX ...by the moment it works fine here with acceleration pack installed ...but the dilema is the video card ...and Vista ...and Directx 10 ....and Gmax....and so onbne patient and by the moment wait...the solution is not for todayregardsCarenado" UNQUOTEI really hope they fix it because I happen to Love Carenado's planes and own almost all of them.