Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

More Carenado Problems

>OK, now I'm confused. I re-checked my posts and I never said>anything about a "pure" FSX aircraft (whatever "pure" means)>released by Carenado. Pure means it was designed and modeled for FSX in the first place, and has the FSX model 'imprint' within the Model file. None of Carenado products have that yet. In fact, I have other models purchased for FSX and they are also 'patched' FS9 models for *use* in FSX. This is an issue each manufacturer will have to deal with if their aircraft now do not work in SP2, as all of these modifications were made for 'at best', SP1.Again, when you purchase an FSX model from Carenado they state it is 'patched' on their web site, thus what you are purchasing is modified FS9 model, *model* being the operative word. If you bought a Carenado aircraft from another site (other than Carenado), and they did not say is was a 'patched' version for use in FSX, I would take the issue up with them. But again, they are not the only ones who may be running into this problem w/SP2.

Geof, I remember downloading a video where one of the guys from Aces were stating in front of the picture of the mountain and lake showing visual that we still haven't seen talking to an interviewer and telling us about how they was going to build FSX and how it would be backward compatible with FS9.They spoke about this and the advances within multi-player and how they was going to provide a better platform for add-ons as they believed this was the way to go.Perhaps you missed it but I'm sure that I was not the only one who watched it!It was even part of an announcement on the main page.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Yes-that was the initial release of fsx and it was backwards compatable. The issues that are being faced now are from sp2.All of the changes for sp2 were clearly stated by Phil in his blog at the beginning of October:http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...on-and-sp2.aspxObviously-if the changes are undesirable for a user-they can choose to not apply the patch.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest Flane

But the aircraft does work in "FSX". What you are flying with SP2 installed is essentially FSX.2. No developer could have predicted that there would have to be not 1 but 2 srvice packs. So, the Carenado aircraft do work for what they beta tested on... FSX.

That is why I think Carenado would do wise to tell the public their 'patched' planes do not work properly when FSX is enhanced with SP2. I can't find that info anywhere on their website.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Guest j0nx

>Geof, I remember downloading a video where one of the guys>from Aces were stating in front of the picture of the mountain>and lake showing visual that we still haven't seen talking to>an interviewer and telling us about how they was going to>build FSX and how it would be backward compatible with FS9.>>They spoke about this and the advances within multi-player and>how they was going to provide a better platform for add-ons as>they believed this was the way to go.>>Perhaps you missed it but I'm sure that I was not the only one>who watched it!>>It was even part of an announcement on the main page.Let me guess; that would be the same video where they promised all the amazing effects and increase in frame rate that we would all get when they released the dx10 patch for fsx shortly after vista was released? We all swallowed that one hook line and sinker didn't we! Geofa: just because Phil posted something in his blog a year AFTER things had already been promised to the community does not give them a free pass for not delivering on those promises. Not sure where your logic on that comment comes from but I keep seeing you post it in multiple threads.

I love Carenado's work, they are some of the nicer GA aircraft out there. They look good, and most importantly fly smoothly, in FS9 or FSX. There are a lot of complicated issues surrounding FSX, SP1, and SP2 to be sure, but this seems to be a support issue. Lets not re-ignite the flame wars / bashing and try and be a little patient, all across the board. It's the holidays, people are busy, travelling, etc. Give them some time to address your concerns, and I'm sure what appears to be a VC texture problem will be addressed in due time. I know it's business, but it's $20 for goodness sake, and I hope not the end of the world.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

There was no Grand Announcement that SP2 would cause working products to fail. Once they said, at the original release, that FSX was backward compatible (and it was) then they had an obligation to continue that objective.They did NOT! How anyone can support the nuanced statement that SP2 does not have to be backward compatible is plain hogwash. Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Alex,Some people invested over $1,000 to use these $20.00 products. That is the environment into which they were sold. When a $20 part fails on your car and prevents its use do you use the same logic?Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

What logic, to be patient and give the developers time to fix it? Yes, I do. http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest wjotten

Problem is, I'm certain many people have written Carenado with concerns about the problems. I know I did, about 2 days after Acceleration (aka Aggravation) came out. I'm still waiting for either a fix, a comment on his website, or a reply. So far, nothing. 2 months into this, I'd have to regard this as a I-could-give-sh** attitude on Carenado's part. And that, my friend, could impact where I spend my future money.

Historically, Carenado is not quick to reply. But I highly doubt they are ignoring you, or your problem.

Agreed, they're probably panicking, and scurrying around their rigs flying swiss cheese VC instrument panels trying to figure out what went wrong, like the rest of us! Time will tell. Glad I still have FS9...:)http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

>Agreed, they're probably panicking, and scurrying around>their rigs flying swiss cheese VC instrument panels trying to>figure out what went wrong, like the rest of us! Time will>tell. Glad I still have FS9...:)>http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gif>>Alex Christoff>N562Z>Baltimore, MDI dunno...I'm flying all my Carenado aircraft just fine in FSX (SP1)....in fact, just got finished with a jaunt in the Mooney ;)FS9 has totally been removed from my system....I'm not going backwards anymore......And just lovin FSX right now.