Sign in to follow this  
I132

TrackIR4 users ...

>Desert Flyer,>>Their website has a demo that shows how the system works. You>might want to take a look there. A little movement of your>head results in a lot of movement in the view.>>http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/Is the amount of head movement adjustable?

Guest Lith1um

I had a tir2 and now I have a tir4 4 pro with the traclip. I hate flying FSX or driving dirt/rfactor/gtr2 without it.It's absolutely fantastic in combat flight sims like IL2. It's an awesome feeling being locked up in a scissors fight with someone and being able to just naturaly track them no matter what aerobatic manuever you are performing. Or being able to precisely track a target as it passes by merely focusing on it.It's pretty crazy in FSX, you can lean over and look under some of the dashboards. You can open a door/canopy, lean your head outside, and look up and down the length of your fuselage.It was cool in the loopy larry mission where you have to land on the moving bus. I opened the doors and flew the approach with my head out the door so I could see the starboard wheel.

Guest CocoLoco

>Is the amount of head movement adjustable?It is very configurable. You can set up each of the degrees of freedom (x,y,z,roll,yaw,pitch) independently and with a linear or non-linear relationship. You can also change the exact shape of these reaction curves to suit your needs. You can also create different profiles depending on the type of flying you are doing.It might be a bit expensive but once you've bought it, you'll never fly 2D cockpits again. If you do get it, please let us know what you think. BTW, it's a fantastic bit of kit... it transformed FSX for me.David

I would like to see a picture of you doing that lol hahaha

Dave Taylor gb.png

2 more cents...Can't fly without it!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest dpc

I love it. I do prefer it in FS9 over FSX however. In FSX you are basically "pinned" to your seat. You can't slide around with the key commands as you can in FS9. Example being if you wanted to use the keys to move over to the right seat and be able to fly and look around from that position, you can't do that in FSX but can in FS9.I use TIR in about everything except FSXJust my preference and 2 cents.

Guest Desert Flyer

Well, we've now heard a lot of praise for this product, I'd also like to hear from anybody that has had problems with the unit, whether they returned it for a refund or repair or if they just didn't find it useful for them. Unless of course nobody like that exists.

I second what Dave just stated above. It is probably my favorite addo on for FS9, but in FSX I stuggle a bit with it. Like Dave said, it is not possible to change your eye point with key commands as it is in FS9. Every time you attempt this with track IR activated it snaps back to the default eye point. There may be a way to move eye points with Track IR running, but I have not been able to find it on my own or on this forum. Scott

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>I second what Dave just stated above. It is probably my>favorite addo on for FS9, but in FSX I stuggle a bit with it.>Like Dave said, it is not possible to change your eye point>with key commands as it is in FS9. Every time you attempt this>with track IR activated it snaps back to the default eye>point. There may be a way to move eye points with Track IR>running, but I have not been able to find it on my own or on>this forum. >ScottWithin FSX, you would need to adjust the viewpoint, within each aircraft's cfg file........

Desert Flyer,I tried it with FS9 after reading all the rave reviews.Personally I found it very hard to get used to.The slightest head movement would change the view and I found it disorientating.I persevered with it for several weeks before giving up and selling it at a loss.Trying to click on things in the VC was especially difficult.That said, many others clearly think it's the bee's knees so clearly I'm in the minority.

Guest Desert Flyer

Thanks for speaking up Frank, did you attempt to make adjustments to the unit so that it wasn't overly sensitive for your usage? Or is that not possible?My guess would be that if the unit is overly sensitive then even the slightest head movement would make clicking anything extremely difficult since the screen would move from under your mouse.// Cant wait for a unit that actually reads brain wave patterns and knows what I want to click on simply by looking at it and thinking to click it. hehehehe Maybe one day.

Yeah, I made all the adjustments but could never get it to my satisfaction.Perhaps my head is too twitchy!The solution, as I see it, is a device that allows eye movement to change the field of view, not head movement.When this happens I'll give it another go.

"Within FSX, you would need to adjust the viewpoint, within each aircraft's cfg file........"This problem with FSX compared to FS9 has been a major factor keeping me flying in FS9. Can't understand why it was changed....If there is a work-around to this please share. Scott