Sign in to follow this  
Guest Desert Flyer

Printout of all hotkeys used in FSX?

Guest Desert Flyer

I notice that I can't printout the hotkey list in the configuration area of the game, so has anybody know where I can get a full listing that I can print of all the hotkeys that are used in the game?Are they by chance stored in a cfg or ini file for the game or have you seen the listing on the web?I know that people change their hotkeys so Im just looking for the default hotkey listing to printout to have handy as my memory sucks and it's real easy for me to look over at a sheet of paper.Thanks,

Go to the learning center. Click on Index then on K and choose key commands. You'll find a printable list there.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Guest Desert Flyer

Thanks, I have no idea how I missed that. I guess because I was looking under "H" for HotKey.

I'm not in front of my PC right now but I'm curious to know, does the printed list actually contain custom assignments? If that's true, then once again, no matter how long you been playing this game, you learn something new everyday.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Desert Flyer

No, it's the default keyboard list only.

I'm pretty sure the Learning Center article mentioned only lists the "default" key assignments, not any custom assignments. It probably wouldn't be hard to write an app that would read in the Controls.XML file and generate a formated text file showing current assignments, but I don't know of any off the top of my head.

The hotkeys are there but they still have to be assigned. The default setup of FSX doesn't assign them. While in FSX go into options-controls open the assigments menu and down near the bottom you will find the hot keys listed. Give them numerical values on your keyboard. I find that the only ones that work are 5-6-7-8-9. I've also assigned them to the lower buttons on my joystick for quick in flight access. For the hotkeys to work they have to be assigned to each camera view in the each aircraft cfg. At the bottom of the camera view of an aircraft you want the hotkey to work type HotKeySelect=5 or whatever number you assign. Type it just as I have with the capital letters included.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Desert Flyer

That looks nice, even nicer when printed then laminated. Thanks for the link. They got all the keys in one page when my own built key list (taken from the game) took 2 pages and looked like schnitzel.