Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

Sp2 installs over Acceleration?

A question about the upcoming SP2. If you have installed Acceleration do you still install SP2 over it? If Acceleration contains SP2 then you are done, but if the stand alone SP2 does indeed contain a few more tweaks then it would make sense to install it as well. Is that right or not?Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest jboweruk

I was under the impression that it was no different from the version in Acceleration. My thought is wait till it's released and MS will tell you whether or not to install it.

I do wonder if there will be some bug fixes (those that SP2 intorduced)that will make installing the stand-alone SP2 worthwhile to Acceleration uses.I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Guest UlfB

>I do wonder if there will be some bug fixes (those that SP2>intorduced)that will make installing the stand-alone SP2>worthwhile to Acceleration uses.>>I guess we'll just have to wait and see.Oh, no. Lets not open up the possibility of introducing some new bugs in a SP3. It's bad enough. FSX must get stable (with existing bugs), otherwise add on developers will stall development and bug fixes or even worse, give up on FSX.Please Microsoft: NO MORE SPs.Ulf B

Guest UlfB

Hope your'e right Jim.As far as I understand the development process, the SP2 delivered with Acc and the upcoming SP2, comes out of seperate build trees. So technically the code might actually not be the same. But if the ACES team does a good job, the different releases of SP2 should be identical.Please correct me if I'm wrong.Ulf B

Guest UlfB

Jim,How can you garantee that the code will be the same?Ulf B

I am at a loss how anyone can make it more clear that SP2 stand-alone is the same as Acceleration with SP2! Phil Taylor has said it, over and over and over again.Mike T.

correct.SP2 is for non-Acceleration customers. Just like my Acceleration/SP2 post stated.

that is an accurate read of the situation, same source different build, and the goal.

Guest UlfB

>that is an accurate read of the situation, same source>different build, and the goal.Thanks for clarifying. I was close to believing that I'd missed something here about the different builds.Ulf B

Well, the stand-alone SP2 just hit the streets and from Phil's blog, he indicates that ACES was able to fix the shared cockpit in multi-player. So now I think for this fix alone, one would have to install the street-patch over Acceleration.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE