Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Uwe Ingber's ERJ-170 Panel

Has anyone been able to get this panel to work in FSX? I'm trying to use it with the Dreamwings ERJ-170 in FSX. FSX crashes to desktop within a few seconds of loading the simulation (after the menus). I thought since it used all .xml gauges I might get lucky even though it was made for FS9.I'm running Acceleration/SP2 with no other problems.Thanks,

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I use Brian C. Selb's E145 panel...http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...pan&DLID=109403...with J.R. Lucariny's E190 with no problems in FSX.I did not know about Uwe Ingber's E170 panel but I will try it out. One thing I have noticed, is that if a panel recreates a lot of intricate systems, and was designed for FS9, then those gauges sometimes have trouble in FSX.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

After reading your post I installed it in the Dreamwings ERJ-170 and it works like a charm in FSX with SP1 only (No Acceleration). Regards, Bob.

Thanks, hmmm, I wonder if there could be something other than SP2/Acceleration causing the crash. As far as I can tell I've installed it properly....

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi. After reading your post I went back to see how I installed it. I did not install the EMB170 folder into the main Sound folder and did not put the emb-sound.cfg there either. It worked fine with a sound.cfg that aliased the B_737-800 sound folder. I tried installing the EMB170 folder and the emb_sound.cfg into the main Sound folder and it crashed FSX just like you did. I suggest you try this. Best regards, Bob.

I found a work around without having to change the sound files around. It seems it only crashes when I start the aircraft right from my main menu. I have it set so that my aircraft start-up cold and dark.I tried loading the default airbus and turning on the battery. I then loaded the ERJ-170 and all works well.I must say this is a great panel, although I haven't quite figured out how to work the FMC properly (as for reading the help file, my German is a little rusty...or non-existant to be more accurate)It really does improve an already great plane when used with the Dreamwings ERJ-170.

Dave

As is your's, my German is limited to counting from one to ten!Is there an English translation anywhere for the Doc.pdf file for the panel and the FMC?ThxChris