Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

SP2 is Live!

Here's what's changed from SP1. Aces have kindly provided a cache folder in the Flight Simulator XSetup folder which lists replaced files.Jon

Guest griss0m

phil, thanks for the heads up, a welcomed early christmas present for aces and the public i`m sure.-mitch

Guest JimC1702

>If you install Acceleration, you do not need SP2.I wish I had a dollar for everytime this has been asked and answered. I could buy a new Saitek flight yoke! :)Jim

No hoopla, no broken promises, no hype, just SP2 and not a moment too soon or too late. Class act Aces!Thanks!Mike T.

Guest cbuchner1

To be more informative, as there is a little bit of truth in the posting, although the tone was way too negative.There is a thread about known incompatibilities of aircraft and FSX addons with the SP2 in this forum. Scan this thread first before applying the SP2 just to avoid any surprises. The thread is titled "The Acceleration/SP2 incompatibilities thread" in this board. I started it because I noticed one of my add-on aircraft had broken textures with the SP2.Fixes are sometimes available from the vendors, sometimes from third parties... and sometimes NOT.It also appears that running the SP2 in DX9 mode causes a bit less trouble (compatibility wise) than running it in the DX10 preview mode.Christian

Guest runwaypimp

This is news to me. I was expecting some fixes & improvements, I believe FSX still needs 1000s of hours more development work to be a respectable piece of software. The faded aircraft shadows in less than 10miles visibility is a FSX uninstall for me. How microsoft can add features like VC shadows & at the same time make the aircraft shadows less effective than FS95 just shows how poorly implemented their development pipeline is. Does this mean the DX10 preview remains in its current half asssed state forever???

Guest fundies

Well, it's been a great fsx week for me. Firstly, I upgraded my cpu from a pentium D 830 (3ghz) to a D 945 (3.4ghz), now clocked at 3.8ghz, and it's been a great investment. A couple of hardware mod. forums said, " I'd be wasting my time and money" with this upgrade. Wrong!!!!. I suppose the 2mb cache per core as opposed to the 1mb per core on the D 830 must help a lot as well. Coupled with the SP2 download, which I've just given a good testing, I'm a happy chappy, with smooth frames achieving a locked 30fps in most locations, with some settings on high, some on medium. So now I've upgraded my video card, and ram as well as the cpu in the elusive search of fsx bliss ($800 Australian in one year), and I think I've now found it. Well at least until FS11 :) Cheers and Happy christmas to Aces and all on this forum from Down under (or on top as I believe is correct). Craig.

Thanks loads Aces and Phil:If this old memory remembers correctly from readings some time ago, doesn't the DX10 preview require Vista? I really did not realize that it was included in the SP2 package and thought it was part of the Acceleration provisions.Thanks again:RTH

DX10 is only availavble in VISTA and with the correct hardware.Glenn

Guest Rick Baldwin

Well said, Mike!-Rick----------- My System -----------P4 @ 2.53 GHz / 1GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT, 256MB / Windows XP Home

Guest wjotten

This is GREAT news! And ahead of schedule to boot. Surely the ACES team walks on water.